Never Been to WDW

Lisa Roberts

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I'm Lisa and I was having lunch with my co-workers in our lovely break room the other day and we started talking about going to Disney World when we were kids. I shocked everyone when I told them that I have never been to Disney World. I am 32 and had never been there when I was a child and they thought that was a shame. They even went as far as to say that we should plan a company outing to Disney World.

I can't be the only person that has never been there, right? I do have vacation coming up and was planning on going to Yellowstone National Park. Now I'm thinking I should go to Disney World instead. What do you guys think?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think you need to email me your details so we can get started planning your trip to Walt Disney World!:lol:

wdwwdeagle

Um, you might get a different reply from the folks over at the Yellowstone National Park discussion forum, but I think I speak for many on this forum when I say "GO TO WDW!" as soon as possible. Smile!

zurgandfriend

Hello Lisa,

Welcome!

I did not go to WDW until I was over 40 when I went for my honeymoon (I got married late) and did not go back until we went with our son when I was over 50 (you cannot believe how hard it was to type that last sentence, and yet I digess). I did not become a WDW junkie until the first trip with my son I think it was that up until our first WDW trip other family vacations didn't appeal to me and just left me more tired between driving, worrying about our bags and where to eat and would there be enough to keep our son amused and interested etc.

To answer your question it depends on what you like if Yellowstone and nature are your thing then go, If you are interested in WDW I would recommend doing some research to see if that is what you want.
There are many tour books; if you go to a bookstore you will find about 3 shelves of books on WDW alone. My personal favorite is the Unofficial Guide to WDW. The complete edition is about 1300 pages and covers the entire Orlando experience including Universal and Sea world. There are several “spin-offs” of this book also, including the unofficial guide with children, without children, the greater Orlando area minus WDW, and the Mini-Mickey edition. This is a pocket sized version. I recommend the complete version as it will address just about any question you have. You can also usually find this book at your local library but it might not be the most current edition, it should however still be very useful and relevant.
There are also many websites, in my opinion the best for planning is this one and allearsnet.com, thiese websites contains just about everything you need to know about WDW, Disneyland and Universal. The parts I find most useful are the accommodations and dining sections. There are reviews and slideshows for every Disney resort as well as reviews and menus for every restaurant, including fast food and snack carts.
Good Luck

sublimesting

I think I can speak for everyone on here: We carefully weighed your two options and fully discussed the pros and cons of each. Although it was very close we have decided WDW would probably be your best option for this vacation. Glad we could help.:wave:

EpcotServo

Ennnhhhh, Nature can wait. Take the Disney Trip.

:lol:

(Or better yet, go to DISNEYLAND AND a national park up in California! Much better idea if you ask me! :sohappy:)

Mouse Man

Let's see go to Disney World the happiest place on earth or go to yellowstone. Sorry in my mind you have not experienced life and fun with a little magic sprinkled in until you have gone to Walt Disney World. This is one trip and vacation that you will never be sorry that you went. I also am very upset that you are 32 and never been there. Shame on you.

Wilt Dasney

If there was a link to a windows web site I would say yes but since there was not I am leaning toward a legit post.
Exactly. I was saying Marcia edited the OP...which makes me think there was linkage there.

I gotta give him/her credit if they came here to hawk wares. The post was pretty convincing. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom