'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

FantasiaMickey2000

Our good insiders admit when their info is wrong. Even better, they tell us when Disney has changed things.

The proprietor of that other site almost never admits he was wrong and throws a fit when it's point out.

There's your difference.
That’s fair enough. I admit that I only browse this site, that site, blog Mickey (can you reference that one here?) for news. I don’t have a vested stake in following the people who run them. I only really know anything about them because of people ranting about them on here.

gerarar

Premium Member
Take it as you will…although it’s weird that Chapek would “personally” dictate how the new revised show will go, so doesn’t seem as likely.
56EFE5FD-0BEE-46E3-A16E-BECB44DCBF9D.jpeg

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I imagine, and this is based on zero inside information, just my assumption, that the new show will be about ten minutes shorter and probably feature a smaller cast. Possibly with less aerial work.

They could easily go the Mermaid and BatB route and use puppeteers with only a couple of live singers (Nemo, Dory, and Marlin?).

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I imagine, and this is based on zero inside information, just my assumption, that the new show will be about ten minutes shorter and probably feature a smaller cast. Possibly with less aerial work.

They could easily go the Mermaid and BatB route and use puppeteers with only a couple of live singers (Nemo, Dory, and Marlin?).
I had the same thought. Mermaid runs (or ran) almost constantly, rather than a limited number of times a day. Perhaps if they reduce the number of live singers to cut the costs per show, they'll run it more often. Huge theater, though, so they probably don't need constant showings.

Jon81uk

Am I the only one who didn't find the current version to play to packed houses? Most times when we went there were still plenty of seats in the upper sections. Unless we were the abnormalities I don't see a benefit to cutting the show length and packing more shows in.

We liked it as is, our DS always enjoyed it.
They may think that a 20-30 minute show will be more appealing than a 40 minute one. So it might not play more times a day, but just the shorter format appeals to more families.

mightynine

I'm looking forward to a big screen installed for Finding Nemo: The Musical: The Singalong! Open your My Disney Experience app to see Nemo, Dory and friends through augmented reality and use Snapchat filters to make it feel like you're right in The Big Blue World!*

*AR and Snapchat filters available via Genie+ purchase only. Annual Passholders may lean over to look at someone else's phone or use their imagination at no extra charge. Park Pass Reservation required.

doctornick

New stuff in a park that has plenty of space for expansion rather than replacing the old stuff with mediocre new stuff.

Most people would agree that live shows need to be periodically updated to remain "fresh". The quality of the replacement is obviously yet to be determined (it will probably be shorter so that may be "worse" depending on your point of view) but changing a theater performance is something Disney should be doing with some frequency.

They need to turn their attention to DHS for such things as well.

aliceismad

They may think that a 20-30 minute show will be more appealing than a 40 minute one. So it might not play more times a day, but just the shorter format appeals to more families.
40 minutes is a long show for littles. Especially in a park that many people still deem a half-day park.

TrainsOfDisney

Take it as you will…although it’s weird that Chapek would “personally” dictate how the new revised show will go, so doesn’t seem as likely.
View attachment 587012

There is absolutely zero chance that the CEO of the Walt Disney Company is making operational decisions this miniscule.

While he wasn’t CEO yet he didn’t want any equity in Star Wars land so it does seem to be something he cares about for some strange reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom