'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

matt9112

Velocicoaster is insane. I love the coaster to death (even if it does give me Vertigo if I sit on the right side of the train), and is probably only matched by RMCs.

But, I have mid level passes for all 3, and WDW has ticked me off to the point that I barely go anymore

I have no block out dates for half the price pf disney....i mean....and i have seaworld and Busch gardens...all for less.

JohnD

Not to give the other site much credit, but it probably was gone at the moment they posted the article. We’ve seen from management over the past few years that they make decisions, especially ones regarding their cast and entertainment staff, practically on the fly. They looked at the social media press and decided to reverse course before anything was officially announced.

The fact that they are in “the early stages of development” for this “reimagined show” tells me that this decision is quite fresh.

I think they had to get ahead of the story. The other site basically reported that it was being ripped out, never to return, which wasn't true. So the false article forced Disney's hand to say, "Wait a sec. We're just revamping it just like we did for FOTLK". Probably for pandemic reasons/social distancing, etc.

JS514

Not to give the other site much credit, but it probably was gone at the moment they posted the article. We’ve seen from management over the past few years that they make decisions, especially ones regarding their cast and entertainment staff, practically on the fly. They looked at the social media press and decided to reverse course before anything was officially announced.

The fact that they are in “the early stages of development” for this “reimagined show” tells me that this decision is quite fresh.
I could be completely wrong, but I seem to remember reading something awhile back (maybe beginning of the year) that they were reworking the show. Could be totally wrong on that though. However that's why I was surprised, albeit immensely skeptical, when I saw the other site put out their story. They really do full on sprint with the smallest of crumbs, eh? lol

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Completely different show is my guess. Probably 90 minutes where we learn the events that led to Crush getting his big break hosting Turtle Talk. I’d imagine before the show became more educational that the original Turtle Talk was more like Maury Povich.

JohnD

So basically a watered down version.
My prediction will be no live singing, little to no equity and a much shorter show.

It's Finding Nemo after all. They'll probably start cutting "fluff" scenes like news about Nemo's dad, the fencing scene, anything in the middle of the audience (social distancing you know). Stuff like that. But no live singing? I don't think so.

mikejs78

Premium Member

Not necessarily. Others here said that the idea that the sets were destroyed were not true.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hmm by "re-imagined" do they mean cut the length of said musical? That's what vibe I'm getting..

So basically a watered down version.
My prediction will be no live singing, little to no equity and a much shorter show.

From the link in the Tweet is the DPB article...

New Updated Finding Nemo Musical Coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park in 2022​

When my twin boys were little, “Nemo” was one of their first words. They loved the movie, and seeing it come to life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom would always put grins on their faces and a tear in my eye. “Finding Nemo — The Musical” has been delighting our guests since 2007, and I’m excited to tell you a reimagined show, based on the same beloved characters, will debut in 2022.​
Although our Disney Live Entertainment team is still in the early stages of development for the show, the musical retelling of this underwater tale of family, friendship and kindness will feature new story material, as well as fan favorite songs such as “In the Big Blue World” and “Go with the Flow.”
Stay tuned to Disney Parks Blog for updates on this new show as we get closer to its debut next year.​

Ayla

From the link in the Tweet is the DPB article...

New Updated Finding Nemo Musical Coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park in 2022​

When my twin boys were little, “Nemo” was one of their first words. They loved the movie, and seeing it come to life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom would always put grins on their faces and a tear in my eye. “Finding Nemo — The Musical” has been delighting our guests since 2007, and I’m excited to tell you a reimagined show, based on the same beloved characters, will debut in 2022.​
Although our Disney Live Entertainment team is still in the early stages of development for the show, the musical retelling of this underwater tale of family, friendship and kindness will feature new story material, as well as fan favorite songs such as “In the Big Blue World” and “Go with the Flow.”
Stay tuned to Disney Parks Blog for updates on this new show as we get closer to its debut next year.​

In Disney speak, that means we can't tell you because we don't know, yet.

danv3

Something in that theater is better than nothing, I guess. Not too optimistic about the re-imagining though.

FantasiaMickey2000

I think they had to get ahead of the story. The other site basically reported that it was being ripped out, never to return, which wasn't true. So the false article forced Disney's hand to say, "Wait a sec. We're just revamping it just like we did for FOTLK". Probably for pandemic reasons/social distancing, etc.
They wouldn’t post “I’m excited to tell you a reimagined show, based on the same beloved characters, will debut in 2022. Although our Disney Live Entertainment team is still in the early stages of development for the show” and have only a temporary slightly modified version of the current show debuting in 2022 if this is something that’s been in the works for a while and is temporary for pandemic reasons. For FotLK they said “When it returns, “Festival of the Lion King” will be presented in a modified format to be mindful of the current environment. There will be adjustments to the show on stage and backstage, including updates to choreography to allow for appropriate physical distancing.” Notice how different the announcement is? This sounds like an entirely different show.

The hate people like Tom and Brayden get on this site is nuts. Not saying you specifically but I see it constantly. Tom posted yesterday that the show is done. Disney confirmed as such today. Tom was right again. He’s wrong a bunch sure. But so are the insiders on here. Or did I miss when Fantasmic opened up this past February or the Muppets took over the Hall of Presidents among countless other things?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They wouldn’t post “I’m excited to tell you a reimagined show, based on the same beloved characters, will debut in 2022. Although our Disney Live Entertainment team is still in the early stages of development for the show” and have only a temporary slightly modified version of the current show debuting in 2022 if this is something that’s been in the works for a while and is temporary for pandemic reasons. For FotLK they said “When it returns, “Festival of the Lion King” will be presented in a modified format to be mindful of the current environment. There will be adjustments to the show on stage and backstage, including updates to choreography to allow for appropriate physical distancing.” Notice how different the announcement is? This sounds like an entirely different show.

The hate people like Tom and Brayden get on this site is nuts. Not saying you specifically but I see it constantly. Tom posted yesterday that the show is done. Disney confirmed as such today. Tom was right again. He’s wrong a bunch sure. But so are the insiders on here. Or did I miss when Fantasmic opened up this past February or the Muppets took over the Hall of Presidents among countless other things?
Our good insiders admit when their info is wrong. Even better, they tell us when Disney has changed things.

The proprietor of that other site almost never admits he was wrong and throws a fit when it's point out.

There's your difference.

JohnD

I get your point but, be honest, the story was sensational. The theater was cleared out. Everything was "destroyed". No indications of a pending modification which I think he knew. It seems to me, and I could be wrong, it was all about clicks which is becoming more and more prevalent these days. Just look at ITM. Almost every headline there is just misleading enough to get you to click on it and it's not anything that the headline implies.

CaptainAmerica

Are you going to start the debate of whether the bench seating had backs?

;)
It objectively did/does.

Is that controversial?

1631631224374.png

1631631254772.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom