'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

SplashJacket

Took another jab at it. Made the Excavation coaster have a more realistic acreage. Before it was around 1.25 whereas now it is around 2.25 which is comparable to BTM.

Here's one without marked sightlines:
Finished V2.png

Here's one with marked sightlines:
Finished V2 with Sightlines.png

Here's a before and after gif:
V2.gif

And here's a V1 to V2 gif:
V1 to V2.gif

I don't really see the need to alter Dinosaur to a great extent. The area can be placed in Central America. The story can be slightly altered, making it a remote experimental facility in a Central American Jungle. The ride is already dressed like a research facility and is very isolated.

The excavation coaster is people looking for dinosaur fossils in a South American mountain. The mountain's aesthetic would most closely resemble the green side of mount prometheus in DisneySea picture below, while being substantially shorter.
1610756543236.png

The Indy ride entrance is an Aztec temple, which fits the Central American theme. I know the main complaint would be that it doesn't fit the Animal Kingdom mission statement of animals, but since Indy is focused on Archeology, so it could be a search for the Aztec's connection with a mythical creature.

Lastly, I realize this isn't the Imagineering section of the forums, but I just wanted to demonstrate the area's potential.

Last edited:

J4546

heres my rough draft for replacing nemo/dinoland redo. in involves flipping harbor to other side, replacing it and nemo with a launching flying coaster tht goes over the lake and around the volcano (brown circle) also getting rid of road and making a plaza for people to look out onto lake. (green rectangle) the plaza could have food and tables as well. this is all a rough ms paint draft

Attachments

• dinoland.jpg
    dinoland.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 198

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So with Aulani at Disney’s resort in Hawaii reopening, does this look good for Nemo/other shows at WDW?

Or are the factors too different for theme parks’ shows? (Especially in Florida I guess)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So with Aulani at Disney’s resort in Hawaii reopening, does this look good for Nemo/other shows at WDW?

Or are the factors too different for theme parks’ shows? (Especially in Florida I guess)

...what does one thing have to do with another?

Or is this another “when can my Disney world be normal?”

Plus or minus 2022. Same answer as before

yensidtlaw1969

Factors are waaay too different.

Distancing in Hotels is, generally, relatively simple to implement. Backstage in a musical? Much, MUCH harder.

That's why you see Hotels operating in New York, but Broadway's return is still many months away.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
...what does one thing have to do with another?

Or is this another “when can my Disney world be normal?”

Plus or minus 2022. Same answer as before
No, just curious. It is a show. It’s run by Disney. Was wondering if it would indicate anything as a whole for entertainment or just over there.
Factors are waaay too different.

Distancing in Hotels is, generally, relatively simple to implement. Backstage in a musical? Much, MUCH harder.

That's why you see Hotels operating in New York, but Broadway's return is still many months away.
You know what... I may not have done my research correctly. Is Aulani the NAME of the resort? I was under the impression it was a SHOW at the Hawaii resort..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No problem...

Aulani is a mixed use hotel/DVC in the ko Olina area (southwestern side) of Oahu.

It’s a “themed” Disney version of Hawaii...on Hawaii which isn’t all surfers, coconut bras and Luaus. Honolulu is a large city with large city problems...Hawaii has high poverty.

The ko olina area is “new development”...kind of a touristy, high cost sprawl.

Aulani is very nice.

That about covers it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom