'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

Brer Panther

Exactly. I’m sure they’ll make a new show once it’s deemed necessary for the park.
Didn't the post-Disneyland Paris Eisner era have a lot of attractions close without replacements, too? The Skyway, the submarines, probably some more I don't know about (I was gonna say Wonders of Life but then I remembered that closed after Eisner left).

Iger really IS post-Disneyland Paris Eisner 2.0, isn't he?

SplashJacket

I'm betting on the latter. If for no other reason than because we're in the middle of a pandemic.
Exactly. I’m sure they’ll make a new show once it’s deemed necessary for the park.
Alternatively, they could just let it sit there until they're ready to do something major a few years from now.

1610597223063.png

RSoxNo1

If I'm doing long term planning for DAK, I would start with demo/replacement of the Chester and Hester area and expand it to the Nemo Theater. Either repurpose the theater as part of the new build or demo it entirely. I could this be an expansion to the existing Dinoland USA theme or a new land entirely.

I would sure up this area first and then start looking at Kali River Rapids as an area of possible removal to better reach the plot of land north of Asia. Both areas could support substantial additions, but at this point in time Chester and Hester should be the next area to go.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I’d keep the theatre there. Redesign the entrance/exit. Move Nemo to Epcot in a new theatre and put a new “Mickey and the magical map” style show there featuring various animal related films on some kind of adventure.

Jungle Book, Brother Bear, Tarzan, and even Zootopia could all be represented with a musical number.

It’d be nice if AK could keep 2 decent shows at the park, for attraction variety purposes

SplashJacket

Alternatively, they could just let it sit there until they're ready to do something major a few years from now.

View attachment 524067
^Agreed. I like the Nemo Musical, but it's proximity to Chester and Hester's is too good of an opportunity to pass up.
Wow- looking at that map really puts it in perspective! They have so much land to work with here. I always thought the placement of the theater was an odd location and it makes the path unnecessarily narrow trying to get around it.
If I'm doing long term planning for DAK, I would start with demo/replacement of the Chester and Hester area and expand it to the Nemo Theater. Either repurpose the theater as part of the new build or demo it entirely. I could this be an expansion to the existing Dinoland USA theme or a new land entirely.

I would sure up this area first and then start looking at Kali River Rapids as an area of possible removal to better reach the plot of land north of Asia. Both areas could support substantial additions, but at this point in time Chester and Hester should be the next area to go.
I’d keep the theatre there. Redesign the entrance/exit. Move Nemo to Epcot in a new theatre and put a new “Mickey and the magical map” style show there featuring various animal related films on some kind of adventure.

Jungle Book, Brother Bear, Tarzan, and even Zootopia could all be represented with a musical number.

It’d be nice if AK could keep 2 decent shows at the park, for attraction variety purposes
I thought I'd take a jab at redesigning the area since we brought it up, and honestly, I couldn't find a reason to get rid of the theater. There is such a vast amount of land back there without needing it gone.

Obviously, I had fun with this, I didn't spend all that much time thinking it out, a good example is the questionable thematic implications of exiting into a gift shop.

The main issue with the theater is the questionable facade, so I didn't bother rerouting the entrance, because that wouldn't solve the facade problem. I honestly don't know what they can do with it.

If we take a massive project like this seriously, then removing the theater becomes even less practical, because the money it takes to remove the theater limits the budget on the replacement. More importantly, its replacement would have to offset the loss of the theater by a large margin to justify its removal.

I'm going to be completely honest, I probably got a bit carried away.

Finished.jpg

Here's a gif version that shows a before and after.

Indiana.gif

Last edited:

J4546

i feel like itd be easiser to flip the boat/docks to the other side of the river, thus clearing out that entire right side of dino land for expansion.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I thought I'd take a jab at redesigning the area since we brought it up, and honestly, I couldn't find a reason to get rid of the theater. There is such a vast amount of land back there without needing it gone.

Obviously, I had fun with this, I didn't spend all that much time thinking it out, a good example is the questionable thematic implications of exiting into a gift shop.

The main issue with the theater is the questionable facade, so I didn't bother rerouting the entrance, because that wouldn't solve the facade problem. I honestly don't know what they can do with it.

If we take a massive project like this seriously, then removing the theater becomes even less practical, because the money it takes to remove the theater limits the budget on the replacement. More importantly, its replacement would have to offset the loss of the theater by a large margin to justify its removal.

View attachment 524297

View attachment 524298
I like this. Not because I agree with Indy being added to the park... but because you’ve worked it out to where fans of Indy get what they want, fans of dinoland get what they want, AND those who want to keep the theatre get what they want.

Im also shocked (and happy) that Dinosaur has stayed in a lot of people’s concepts. I always thought that rude got unnecessary hate. It’s my favorite ride.

dmw

In the Parks
No

View attachment 524297

View attachment 524298
Very cool concept! One change I would suggest is the need to have some type of ride/attraction or the small kiddos, since you removed the dig site and the dinoland ride. Not sure where that would go, but it would help round out that land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom