'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

cjkeating

Didn't like Nemo but I know it has it's fans, its return can only be a positive for the parks capacity. FOTLK is my favourite so hopefully it returns soon.

TrainsOfDisney

There are several theaters on Broadway with extremely uncomfortable seating and some are still giant metal boxes. :)
They are theatre seats though, not bench seats. The vast majority of broadway theaters are classic theaters.

There are a few that don’t have the full broadway charm because they are modern builds, but they are the exception not the rule.

seascape

There are several theaters on Broadway with extremely uncomfortable seating and some are still giant metal boxes. :)
That is an understatement concerning the Broadway seats. I love Broadway and the shows, but the theaters have horrible seats. There is absolutely no legroom. For those who think there is no legroom on a plane, you wouldn't say that after sitting in a seat on Broadway for a play. However, the shows are worth it. I only wish they would redo the seating and give more legroom, even if that resulted in higher ticket prices.

MarvelCharacterNerd

That’s why the Hyperion shows get the win for me for “closest to broadway” - sitting on a bench seat in a metal box is not a broadway experience.
IMO Aladdin and FotLK were/are both as good as it gets on each coast.

That said... I still haven't seen the Nemo show. *blush* I'm not a huge fan of the IP so the show was never a priority though it was always something I figured I'd go to at some point.

TrainsOfDisney

That said... I still haven't seen the Nemo show. *blush* I'm not a huge fan of the IP so the show was never a priority though it was always something I figured I'd go to at some point.
I like Fotlk but it doesn’t feel anything like a broadway show to me the way the Hyperion shows do.

Nemo was well done, it wasn’t as repeatable for me as fotlk but a very impressive show and if you got the right cast it was amazing. I felt like it was about 15 minutes too long still... it needed to have a few more cuts but maybe that’s the uncomfortable bench seats talking.

entangled

Sad to hear this news. Nemo became my stage show of choice on property when I did the CP in 2014 (FoLK wasn't running because they were building the new theater at the time) and it was a delight every time. I took my parents to see it when they came to pick me up at the end of my program. My mom, who always had a stern distaste for musicals, was also terminally ill at this point (she entered hospice upon our return from Florida and she passed away just over a month later) so she didn't necessarily protest when I told her and my dad that we would spend the next 30 minutes in the AC watching Nemo. She was in a wheelchair, so they had a special spot for her to park and watch (which tickled her pink!)

I have many, many regrets about the timing of my mom's illness and the fact that I was in Orlando working at WDW during her final months. I will never regret taking her to see Nemo that day. The joy on her face watching the puppets come to life not only in front of her, but all around her. The music that she would hum the rest of that day. My musical-loathing mom said it was the favorite part of her entire visit. Which made subsequent visits after her passing to the show all the harder. Recently, there was an episode of 'One Day at Disney' featuring a performer from the show who played Dory. She explained that her primary reason for wanting to work for Disney was because her terminally ill mother had /also/ experienced the joy of a performer, making that connection, at Disney. The parallels didn't go unnoticed by me when I watched. This show holds a very special place in my heart, and it will be sorely missed.

Jrb1979

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I didn't care for Tarzan Rocks, but love Nemo. I find Nemo to be the best stage musical Disney does. I don't get all the love for Festival of the Lion King. The Lion King show could be so much better if they used more of the Broadway Show's numbers and cut out the cheesy audience participation crap that isn't entertaining.
You know what's the best part of the shows? While people are spending time watching them they are not taking up space in queues for rides.

JIMINYCR

I was always a fan of the show but I guess its about time Disney folds like they did on Splash and moves on. The Dental association complained they were unfairly represented, the fishing industry was maligned, and the spoiled brat consortium was about to have an organized protest outside the park to object to Disneys unfair representation of the way they are portrayed. And the spoiled brat boy assn. objects that they were not included at all.

Stevek

It may have been the 99 degree heat and 99% humidity that wore me out but I was literally falling asleep last time I saw it. Remember really enjoying it the first time several years before that though. Of the 2, Festival of the Lion King is my favorite.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

For whatever it's worth... I'm not a big fan of Nemo myself. But this show was fantastically done. So much thought and time put into this show... Just for a theme park! And the soundtrack is like 95% original music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom