'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

CaptainAmerica

1631551127269.png

Joel

I really, really loved Nemo. Like most people, I'll probably never see a musical on Broadway, but I always left the theater feeling like I saw something pretty close to that. The songs were great, the quality of the performances was just spectacular, but it also hit me on an emotional level like no other show at WDW.

I'll agree that it was too long, but only because of how uncomfortable those unpadded benches are. Might as well get rid of them and make everyone sit on the floor. Or replace them with something at least slightly more pleasant to sit on like, I don't know, traffic cones.

Anyway, the bar is set high for its replacement, which will probably end up being Zootopia: the Musical Starring Olivia Rodrigo.

ToTBellHop

View attachment 586701

Rob Lott is a Dapper Dan.
They are actually very reputable when showcasing new handbag styles from Dooney & Bourke.

For the record, I’ve heard nothing definitive about Nemo other than “not reopening soon.” But they won’t just abandon that theater forever. Once they decide they need another show (which I presume hinges in part on masks going away entirely), Nemo will return or they’ll make a new show.

Don‘t forget, work had begun planning a show for the (canceled) MK theater. They could easily put that show here if they want. Who cares if the theme works?!

Last edited:

JohnD

The current news sources are literally repeating what local ops have been telling guests/frontline CM’s in Dinoland for months: there are no plans to bring it back anytime soon. That said, currently there are no replacement plans scheduled to happen anytime soon. The interior of the theater is entirely unchanged.

The unnamed site says that everything is now out of the theater - sets, costumes, etc. So, yeah, the theater interior could be unchanged with everything else removed from it. It even claims "destroyed" but who knows with that site? Which is why I posted this specifically as "rumor".

tcool123

ComicBook.com quotes the site that shall not be named that Finding Nemo is reportedly shut down for good. Posting as "rumor" until someone else can confirm.

Hasn't every show they brought back had social distancing in place for the performers? I think that's the main issue due to that some of the key puppets require multiple people to maneuver, and thus the show wouldn't be able to run until after they get rid of social distancing of performers. Or at least that's my line of thought.

Jack Sparrow, and Castle. Mainly Castle
Don't forget the Tomorrowland stage as well.

PirateFrank

Seek help.
A disturbing trend here, likely exacerbated by all of the covid fighting in the other threads, is an increase in veiled ad-hominem attacks.

The person you responded to posted a valid point, albeit a little contentious, but still a valid point. To gain points with the other posters here, you decide to attack him instead of his point, by attacking him with a baseless and unmerited claim he has a mental or physical issue.

We all, should be doing alot better!

JohnD

Hasn't every show they brought back had social distancing in place for the performers? I think that's the main issue due to that some of the key puppets require multiple people to maneuver, and thus the show wouldn't be able to run until after they get rid of social distancing of performers. Or at least that's my line of thought.

Don't forget the Tomorrowland stage as well.

But this seems to go beyond on hold due to the pandemic to permanently ended. Maybe for the same reason?

Magic Feather

The unnamed site says that everything is now out of the theater - sets, costumes, etc. So, yeah, the theater interior could be unchanged with everything else removed from it. It even claims "destroyed" but who knows with that site? Which is why I posted this specifically as "rumor".
I can’t vouch for props and costumes, but the sets are very much still there.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The current news sources are literally repeating what local ops have been telling guests/frontline CM’s in Dinoland for months: there are no plans to bring it back anytime soon. That said, currently there are no replacement plans scheduled to happen anytime soon. The interior of the theater is entirely unchanged.
Ohhh Unscrupulous strikes again. He's batting record is actually worse than most of the NY Mets.

Still waiting form his retractions about The Living Seas, Country Bears, etc....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom