'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

Lunair

With increasing prices and hassle to go to Disney World, they can NOT be removing things without equal replacement. I get that Nemo is more expensive to run due to all the actors and props, but that's what makes Disney different. Take all that away and all you have is an amusement park with expensive cupcakes. "Pay More For Less" may as well be their 50th slogan at this point.

CaptainAmerica

With increasing prices and hassle to go to Disney World, they can NOT be removing things without equal replacement. I get that Nemo is more expensive to run due to all the actors and props, but that's what makes Disney different. Take all that away and all you have is an amusement park with expensive cupcakes. "Pay More For Less" may as well be their 50th slogan at this point.
You know Finding Nemo: The Musical replaced Tarzan Rocks in the exact same theater? And that Tarzan Rocks itself replaced Journey into the Jungle Book before it?

If this is true, which is a big "if" considering the source, I don't see any reason to believe it won't be replaced.

Disstevefan1

This makes sense from a shareholder standpoint. Reduce costs; provide less and charge more.

Also, with another attraction gone, the others are automatically in higher demand; this helps Genie + and the big cash cow, the pay per ride strategy. Another huge win for shareholders.

For theme park guests, not so much…..

JohnD

I think most disney shows are too short....sooo to each there own. Lion king feels over very quickly. The mermaid show at MGM also feels over too quickly.

Country Bears and Tiki Birds were longer until they were cut to shorter versions which went from song to song. This particularly affected Country Bears where the interplay of the taxiderm deer was almost completely cut. So Disney may not see them as too short at all. Get them in and out.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Prove hes wrong? I mean theres some valid points. You just dont seem to care.

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but the whole “they’re closing things like Nemo just to force people to pay for Genie+“ is just off-the-rails delusion. Now if you want to talk about manipulating staffing and operational capacity in subtle ways to make lines appear longer than they are/need to be, I’d be willing to listen.

EeyoreFan#24

You know Finding Nemo: The Musical replaced Tarzan Rocks in the exact same theater? And that Tarzan Rocks itself replaced Journey into the Jungle Book before it?

If this is true, which is a big "if" considering the source, I don't see any reason to believe it won't be replaced.

I had actually forgotten about Tarzan rocks. That show was pretty good from what I remember.

CaptainAmerica

1631550969336.png

Rob Lott is a Dapper Dan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom