Nemo show in 2004

Timothy W.

Original Poster
Jim Hill confirms in his latest news article that a Finding Nemo show will be coming to Epcot's Living Seas & DCA in 2004.

He also says that Rock-N-Rollercoaster will be added to DCA in 2006, two years after Tower of Terror has opened.

I wish they would add new attractions to Animal Kingdom the rate they are adding them to DCA.

We do early entry to AK hit Safari, Animal trails Bugs, Dinoland, Dinosaur, & Kali River have an early lunch at 11AM at Rainforest and thats our time spent at AK. The only thing we miss are the Lion King, Tarzan, & Pochanios shows, we are just tired of them after six years.

Looking forward to Everest!

Timothy W.

Original Poster
I also had one more thought. DCA = Muppets 3-D, Millionaire, Playhouse Disney, Newer Broadway type shows like Alladin, ToT, RockNRoller Coaster, & in DL they have Star Tours & Indy ride much better thna Indy Stunt show.
Who out their would rather go to California than visit FL's MGM Disney Studios?
I just hear all this negative stuff about DCA but that park has more to do than AK or MGM Studios.

I think Californian's are spoiled. Look at DL it has like 40% more rides than FL's Magic Kindom.

The only thing FL has on them is Epcot. Yea Disney Cal. doesn't have animals but they have the San Diego Zoo which is the best place to view animals in the United States.

Also the parks have much better hours in California. Imagine being able to stay inside the Magic Kingdom until 11PM or sometimes 12AM.

Just some encouragement to those on the West Coast who think they have it bad.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Timothy W.

I think Californian's are spoiled. Look at DL it has like 40% more rides than FL's Magic Kindom.

That's what I have always thought. They could build a bigger and better DisneySea theme park in California and they still wouldn't be happy. DCA seems like a wonderful park and I have seen many pictures and videos that make it seem like it is every bit as good as any other Disney park. I think that the Disneyland people expect everything to be absolutely perfect. Like I've seen two different videos of the new Pooh ride. Sure the characters don't speek or really move alot but the ride seems wonderful and (at least from the video) I seem to like the sets better than what we have here at WDW. Just imagine if the AK was put in at DL rather than at WDW. They would be so mad they would have trashed the place by now :lol:

PhotoDave219

I also had one more thought. DCA = Muppets 3-D, Millionaire, Playhouse Disney, Newer Broadway type shows like Alladin, ToT, RockNRoller Coaster, & in DL they have Star Tours & Indy ride much better thna Indy Stunt show.
Who out their would rather go to California than visit FL's MGM Disney Studios?
I just hear all this negative stuff about DCA but that park has more to do than AK or MGM Studios.

The only thing FL has on them is Epcot. Yea Disney Cal. doesn't have animals but they have the San Diego Zoo which is the best place to view animals in the United States.

Also the parks have much better hours in California. Imagine being able to stay inside the Magic Kingdom until 11PM or sometimes 12AM.

Just some encouragement to those on the West Coast who think they have it bad.

Okay, friendly newbie advice here - Invoking the name "Jim Hill" doesnt work round these parts; he is taken with a large grain of salt aroudn here. For whatever reasons, i dont know why nor do i care. All i know is that he is good for backstory, but is just as accurate as other net based rumors. I know i dont consider him the "end-all, be-all" source of whats going on at WDW.

Okay, enough with the DL vs WDW. This is a silly, pointless argument that will just cause bitterness, resentment and a lot of people yelling at you.

Yes DL has more in its 2 parks, but WDW has FOUR parks and a gazillion other things to do there - Golf, Massage, Auto Racing, Spring Training, PI, Boat Rentals, 2 water parks and thats just off the top of my head. Plus WDW isnt sitting within 25 miles of the San Andreaus fault.

The hours may be better at DL but WDW has so much more, so much beyond your typical theme park experiences. The hours at WDW will get better as more people head back to Disney.

Quentin Disney

I think Californian's are spoiled.

I think I would point it more on the APs than Californians in general. It seems that every time I read an opinion article concerning DLR and "the locals", they always seem to want this and that. While I am certainly not labeling every AP from DLR as spoiled, it's these articles from spinmeisters like Hill and AL Lutz that make is seem like that.

I think the primary reason why DCA was seen as a failure to the APs is that it simiply wasn't Disneyland! They could add the fountain of youth in place of DCA and I bet they still wouldn't be satisfed. I guess when you have the first modern theme park in your backyard, expectations are always high as Walt wanted it that way.

Personally, I think the countless thousands of DLR (and WDW) APs who live nearby should count their blessings. They are able to afford to go to one of the most influental theme parks almost any time they want and some of these folks still complain.

Going off topic. I wonder why we never get to hear about WDW locals? Whenever I go to micage or JHM, I't's all about the Southern Californian. Everyone who goes to WDW must be on vacation. I'm sick of that mentality.

(I probably have several spelling errors, so please berate me for it.)

MicBat

I remember a time when people were able to do that at FL's MK :rolleyes:

Langdonj

Originally posted by Quentin Disney

Going off topic. I wonder why we never get to hear about WDW locals? Whenever I go to micage or JHM, I't's all about the Southern Californian. Everyone who goes to WDW must be on vacation. I'm sick of that mentality.

This went off topic right after the Finding Nemo post. But anyway, as one who is on vacation when visiting either coast, as I have the past two years, I found DCA to be a pleasant addition to the Disney family, though I did think that as a new park it was a bit short on rides. However, I figured more rides would be coming over time. The biggest problem with DCA is it came onto the scene just before the economic and travel downturns.

Bottom line: If you can't be with the park you love, love the park your with!

And finally, apologies to the purists, I think Finding Nemo would be a nice pick me up to TLS, and give younger children a conceptual entry point to the Pavillion.

See you in a week or two.

I personally am very thankful I can go to DCA and Disneyland anytime I want. I actually have been 4x in the last few weeks.

I don't know who you are referring to when y'all say we complain about DCA or lack of attractions,etc. I believe that it would be wrong to assume that all Californians or locals feel that way. I am very thankful that we have a 2nd gate to go to. I am also happy we have DTD. It now has more of a resort feel to it and less like a theme park off the Interstate 5 fwy.

In answer to the hours comment, if you only have 2 parks, you extend hours. And just so you know, only Disneyland is open late. DCA recently changed their hours and is only open til 9pm not 10pm as it had been.

I believe, as many others do, that DCA was just ill-conceived and the attendance shows it. I was there July 3rd. The lines were non-existent. California Screamin had a 5 minute stand by wait. Soarin went from having a 35 minute stand by to a 15 min. while I was waiting. Short of tearing down the park and starting over, adding attractions helps increase attendance. So that's what they are doing.

Just a few thoughts from a Californian and DLR AP

JLW11Hi

I think Disneyland has some fun, unique things to it...

First of all, its smaller size makes it much easier to get around and promotes walking, which is nice on those nice sunny California days.

Though there are only 2 parks, they sure pack the attractions in both of them. I always, hear how the MK is bigger in size than Disneyland, but there is defenetly more to do there than the MK.
Plus, they have some of the best of WDW in the 2 parks (TOT, the 3D shows, Indy (Dinosaur), Star Tours)

But on the downside, I really don't like to see Disney make copies of attractions from other resorts. They are doing it with TOT, RnR, and Pooh, and have done it with, as I noted, all the 3D shows, Star Tours, and Playhouse Disney. They should be spending this money on building attractions unique to Disneyland, instead of just copying rides. Why go to Disneyland if its the same as WDW? (or vise versa?)

Plus, the overall sights of WDW are much larger, more open, and in somecases more beautiful. DCA has nothing compared to the landscaping of, say, the AK.

no2apprentice

we are just tired of them after six years.
I think it's closer to five. AK opened 4-22-98, I believe. I must say I'm a little envious that you've been to AK every year since it opened...I enjoy AK far more than Epcot.

*Ducks from the Figment plushes being thrown at me*
:D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
some quick replies in no particular order...

1- Locals tend to avoid the WDW parks during most times of the years (a few exceptions, non peak weekends, spring break, xmas/halloween party, private events). However we do go to Downtown Disney and do dinner at the resorts quite frequently

2- Jim Hill is generally as reliable as a Yugo.... some of his editorials are great, but his facts tend to be biased, skewed, and generally full of inconsistencies.

Timothy W.

Original Poster
Eisner is the one that conformed that Nemo was coming to Living Seas, all Jim Hill did was say it will be added to DCA also.
I know, I'll be shot for this but, I think the track record for Hill, Al Lutz, & yes even Screamscape are that they are more right than wrong and without these sites/investigating reporting the internet would be really dull when it comes to the parks.
If anyone out there doesn't think the Rock-N-Roll Coaster is not eventually coming to the West Coast, you need your head examined. Not that it's a great ride, I do enjoy it. But because it's cheap but still considered an E-ticket too most. A regular rollercoaster boxed inside a warehouse type building with wooden blacklight cut outs. The only extra money being spent is for the sound system.
I do agree with those who say no more copys of rides from FL to Cal. or vice versa. Disney should aleast retheme or add totally different show elements to these rides. I flew out to the DL resort because I always heard how great Indy ride was, also wanted to ride Matterhorn, Alice, Pichnocho, Roger Rabbit, Storybook Land, & Mr. Toads Wild ride. I wanted to check out the eye candy of DCA, there is some. But the only real ride that got my interest was Cal. Soarin, and the shows that have been at the Hyperion Theater. Which in two years they have had 3, while at MGM shows have been there some almost 10 years without changing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom