Needing some restaurant opinions/help

Schweino

Below is perfect world scenario and understand that some resy's might not be available and have to adjust. I also have park hopper, so won't post park days. Lastly, a star means we have eaten there before, but my in-laws (who somehow have never been to WDW ever in their lives) are coming and we want them to experience it. But I have some open days/hesitations and need ideas and opinions:

Arrival Day 0: Dinner at Cali Grill*.
Day 1: Breakfast at Topo's and Dinner at either Le Cellier* or Space220
Day 2: Dinner at Le Cellier* or Space220 (whichever we didn't do the night before)
>Day 3: Hollywood and Vine*.
Day 4: Breakfast at Chef Mickeys. Dinner at Storybook.
>Day 5: OPEN
>Day 6: Liberty Tree or BOG*

Day 3: With Topo's, Chef Mickeys and Storybook, I wonder if H&V is overkill on Character Dining. As my in-laws have never been, I really wanted to get them a few Character experiences. I've eaten at Primetime before, but any good dinner ideas at HS that has amazing food? I would also be open to heading to Epcot again for dinner and then closing it down.

Day 5: This is technically our HS Day 2, and I'm wide open on where to eat dinner. I'd prefer to stay in a park, but not completely against Disney Springs.

Day 6: I've personally never done Liberty Tree and I hear great things, and I really want to do it, but with my in-laws coming, my heart says they need to experience the BOG castle (plus I felt the food was really good too).

Any opinions welcome and feel free to call me silly - I don't really have emotions :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
For your HS days what about eating at the Swalphin or Flying Fish is you're looking for good food? HBD is another option
I'd go with BOG over LTT

Upvote 0

jonnyc

I recently booked all my ADRs for the upcoming trip and there wasn't much availability for Space220, however I did manage to get into the lounge - from doing some research online it seems you get pretty much the same view of "space" and you can actually choose from the main set menu or the lounge menu - so you get a bit more flexibility. So if you can't get Space220, have a look at reservations for the Space 220 lounge.

For your Day 5 - maybe have a look at The Boathouse or HomeComin' at Disney Springs, I had great experiences at these on my last trip and you could always do a split day of DHS in the morning, early dinner at Disney Springs and then return to DHS on the evening (or even another park!).

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
I admit I have not eaten anywhere within DS besides Planet Hollywood (and boy was that LOUD). Thanks for your suggestions! I will look into them.
We did both The Boathouse and Homecomin' on our trip in May, and I'd also thoroughly recommend them. Homecomin' we did on a weekend and went for Brunch which was excellent, and our dinner at The Boathouse was the best meal of the whole trip.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

I would definitely do Sci-Fi and possibly Prime Time as well, over Hollywood and Vine. The setting especially for Sci-Fi is wonderful. The setting for Prime Time is also good. Sci-Fi doesn't have the best reputation on these boards for the food itself, but the experience of a drive-in movie in a convertible with all the movie trailers is worth it.
Some people are not excited about the food at Prime Time, either. It's very, at home, traditional stuff. But the experience is good. (not as good as Sci-Fi.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Some people are not excited about the food at Prime Time, either. It's very, at home, traditional stuff. But the experience is good. (not as good as Sci-Fi.
I guess unpopular opinion: The food at PT was good enough, but I absolutely hate that atmosphere and PT is very, very low on my personal restaurant ranking chart lol

Upvote 0

StantonZ

Day 3: With Topo's, Chef Mickeys and Storybook, I wonder if H&V is overkill on Character Dining. As my in-laws have never been, I really wanted to get them a few Character experiences. I've eaten at Primetime before, but any good dinner ideas at HS that has amazing food? I would also be open to heading to Epcot again for dinner and then closing it down.

Day 5: This is technically our HS Day 2, and I'm wide open on where to eat dinner. I'd prefer to stay in a park, but not completely against Disney Springs.

Day 6: I've personally never done Liberty Tree and I hear great things, and I really want to do it, but with my in-laws coming, my heart says they need to experience the BOG castle (plus I felt the food was really good too).

Any opinions welcome and feel free to call me silly - I don't really have emotions :)
HS (day 4/5): our favorite dinner places are Hollywood Brown Derby and Mama Melrose.
MK: Be Our Guest has some of the best "meat" (e.g. filet) on property (per conversation with the restaurant manager...and I tend to agree).
We are going to The Boathouse (another high-quality food location) for our "non park" day.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I guess unpopular opinion: The food at PT was good enough, but I absolutely hate that atmosphere and PT is very, very low on my personal restaurant ranking chart lol
PT is definitely an acquired taste, so to speak. I had the pork shank in 2016 and it was very good. But my party was ushered in after a very loud, "Larry Z, your table is ready!" screamed into the lounge. So if you're trying to be low-vis or anonymous, you can't count on it there.

Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
PT is definitely an acquired taste, so to speak. I had the pork shank in 2016 and it was very good. But my party was ushered in after a very loud, "Larry Z, your table is ready!" screamed into the lounge. So if you're trying to be low-vis or anonymous, you can't count on it there.
Are you a celebrity? I always wondered . . .

Upvote 0

Disneyfan_76

>Day 6: Liberty Tree or BOG*

Both are good. We just ate at Liberty Tree on our last trip and had a great experience. It's family style, quieter, and in a more intimate setting. Basically, they serve a never ending holiday meal, turkey, brisket, mash potatoes, etc.

We ate at BOG on our previous trip. It can get a bit loud at times in there, but less of an issue with some of the smaller rooms. It's a bit pricey for the quality of food that you get. However, the food is still quite good.

Really, you won't do bad with either option. Just get a feel for what they would like to eat.

Side note, for Disney Springs I would also recommend Homecoming or The Edison.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Are you a celebrity? I always wondered . . .
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom