Needing info for trip in May

Dwarful

I can use all the help I can get. We are taking a family trip to Disney in May...staying 10 nights. so far we have booked the All Star Movies..not doing length of stay though. probably 5 day passes. group of 8..3 adults and 5 kids. We were thinking of letting the two oldest boys having some free time in M.K. on their own..while we took the little ones on other rides...pretty responsible 12 & 15. has anyone done this before? Pretty safe? also does anyone know nice beaches not too far to drive too? Kids want to see the ocean while we are there. Also what about the E-ride bracelets? when we were there in 1999 we loved them any chance they will be back towards end of May? Last thing..we used to go in Oct. but had to pick end of may will it be hot and crowded? going May 25-June 3rd. thanks for any help!

gepetto

How funny...those are the same exact dates we're going. There's a good chance there will be at least one e-ticket night while you're there since the first weekend is Memorial Day and the second is Gay Day at MK. BTW...yes it will be hot and crowded but better than going in mid-June or July.

I forget how far it is to Daytona beach from Orlando....I'm thinking a couple of hours maybe.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thanks for the information. We were keeping our fingers crossed that we could take advantage of the e-nights. I am just curious...is Gay Day the whole week long? Thanks again.

Upvote 0

gepetto

http://www.gaydays.com/calendar/index.html It's about a week but it's not all at Disney...there are events and stuff at other Orlando parks. The only day it gets really crowded is the Saturday after Memorial Day at MK. :)

If you do let your kids go on their own...I'd suggest cell phones. We were never able to get the 2 way radios to work in the parks.

Upvote 0

Belle13

Your 15 and 12 yo's should be fine in MK by themselves. You might want to take the cell phones or beepers, so you can keep in touch throughout the day.

May is a great time to go...have a great trip:)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info. I wasn't sure if they would let cell phones and the like into the parks. We will definately take those then. We were going to buy some good 2 way radios but not if people have no luck with them. thanks again...cant wait for May to get here!

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Originally posted by gepetto

If you do let your kids go on their own...I'd suggest cell phones. We were never able to get the 2 way radios to work in the parks.

We were thinking about buying 2 way radios for our trip in September to keep in touch with each other but by the sound of it they won't work!!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

They allow cell phones in the parks. Just do everyone a favor and turn them off or on silent mode when on a ride or in a show.

It takes about 1-1.5 hours to get to Daytona depending on day, time, traffic. Daytona is ok. I would take them to the Gulf though, it is about 2 hours I think to get to Clearwater. It's much cleaner and seems to be a more family oriented beach. Daytona gets a lot of college-party goers. There is a big event in Daytona
called BCR (Black College Reunion). I can't remember when it is. Sometime between February-June.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thanks for the info...I didn't know that the gulf coast was that close. I guess thats where we will head to then. The kids really want to see the ocean..should look much nicer than our muddy Mississippi River. thanks so much.

Upvote 0

Coronado

Definitely....go to Clearwater on the Gulf....The sun sets on the Gulf.... In Datona it sets over the highrise condos:mad: Clearwater is 1.5 hours....or 55 minutes if you have a radar detector....Take I-4 to I-275..(exit 1)....to SR 60....keep driving west until the road ends....take a right go two blocks and park next to the fire station.....They don't call it "Sparkling" CLEAR water beach for nothing. Be sure to have the grouper sandwich at Frenchies.....best wishes......

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thanks! I am sooo looking forward to some beach time. We have never been to the gulf coast and I you all have made up my mind for me...gulf coast here we come (ok not til May) thanks for the directions too!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom