need to get to AKL from Pop..

bjlc57

Original Poster
it looks like we will have reservations at Boma for Breakfest one morning.. and i need to get to AKL from Pop century.. how do I do it? Do I have to go to a park just to get there? please help.. btw.. my wife has a scooter.. if that makes a difference..

BoardwalkGigi

Yes, if you want to use the bus system you need to go to a park and then transfer to the AKL bus. However, if this is an early morning breakfast reservation before the parks open, there are buses that come by the resorts specifically to take guests to pre park opening reservations. These buses are labeled as destined to a particular park but they make the rounds of the resorts.
Personally I find it easiest and quickest to just take a taxi. We just go to the valet desk and tell them where we want to go and how many people we have and voila, in 5 minutes our ride appears. I have no experience with a scooter but I do believe they have vans that accommodate them by request. I've done this often to multiple restaurants, from various resorts, and a $20 bill is always plenty for the fare plus generous tip whether we've just needed a regular car for 2 people or a van for up to 6.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
If you do call for a taxi, don't forget to mention specifically the scooter (and not just ask for a van). On a recent trip we ended up being able to take someone's Mears van that had come specifically for a family with a scooter. We overheard the driver apologizing, as it was a van with non-movable seats and only a very small storage space so he was unable to accommodate the scooter and had to call for an appropriate vehicle for them.

JTT

Uber. Our last trip we used Uber and it was very helpful to go from resort to resort.

There is an accessibility option with uber, so you might want to do some research.

slappy magoo

Didn't they expand Minnie Van Service to Pop?
The most recent news article I could find about Minnie Van Service was last week and it only specified these resorts...

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s Boardwalk Resort
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

The article also mentioned some of those resorts now have the option of using Minnie Van Service to head back to the airport versus using Magical Express, $150 per trip. And also the price of using the service on property bumped up from $20 to $25

MissingDisney

Did this....took the bus to Animal Kingdom...then walked a few feet over to the AKL pick up area. Bus was there in a few minutes and took us down the street. Total trip was like 20 minutes, both stops. :)

BoardwalkGigi

The most recent news article I could find about Minnie Van Service was last week and it only specified these resorts...

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s Boardwalk Resort
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

The article also mentioned some of those resorts now have the option of using Minnie Van Service to head back to the airport versus using Magical Express, $150 per trip. And also the price of using the service on property bumped up from $20 to $25
They just added the two Port Orleans resorts as well.

BoardwalkGigi

Did this....took the bus to Animal Kingdom...then walked a few feet over to the AKL pick up area. Bus was there in a few minutes and took us down the street. Total trip was like 20 minutes, both stops. :)
You lucked out timing wise. I would allow more than 20 minutes when planning departure time for an ADR. It doesn't always work out so perfectly. Sometimes there is a wait for buses, both at the resort and at the park. Also- if the ADR is for very early, before the parks are open, bus availability varies.

MissingDisney

You lucked out timing wise. I would allow more than 20 minutes when planning departure time for an ADR. It doesn't always work out so perfectly. Sometimes there is a wait for buses, both at the resort and at the park. Also- if the ADR is for very early, before the parks are open, bus availability varies.

Yes , I understand...this is the most direct route, though, without paying extra. Also, getting dropped at AKL in the morning, even early, has lots of busses coming in, dropping people off so there’s many going back out to take you to AKL without much of a wait. 20 mins, yes, was magical for sure, but it’s definitely the best, no-cost route to go. Also, they’ve noted they have a scooter so they know they need a bit more time. To be clear, this didn’t include the wait at Pop. That took some time. It always does.

And to be honest, there isn’t sometimes a wait for busses, there is usually a wait for busses. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom