Need some computer help

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
hey guys I have noticed my volume icon at the bottom of the computer is gone. I;ve tried seaching for it and can not find. Its seems like it has been deleted from the system all together. Is there any way to get it back on besides reinstalling through the cds that came with thr computer.

thxs

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
hey guys I have noticed my volume icon at the bottom of the computer is gone. I;ve tried seaching for it and can not find. Its seems like it has been deleted from the system all together. Is there any way to get it back on besides reinstalling through the cds that came with thr computer.

thxs
If you have a SoundBlaster sound card [the more prevalent brand], go to Start>All Programs>Sound Blast brand>AudioHQ [for brand, substitute whichever version of software you have, mine is Audigy] select options and toggle the "Show Icon in Taskbar.

If that doesn't help, give details of what your sound card is and system info, maybe we can narrow it down...

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
If you have a SoundBlaster sound card [the more prevalent brand], go to Start>All Programs>Sound Blast brand>AudioHQ [for brand, substitute whichever version of software you have, mine is Audigy] select options and toggle the "Show Icon in Taskbar.

If that doesn't help, give details of what your sound card is and system info, maybe we can narrow it down...

heyi'm not seeing anything like that when i click on all programs

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
OK, you'll need to find something that relates to your sound card to determine where to look.

Did you buy your computer the way it is or did you add a sound card?

If you added one, do you remember what brand? If not, what kind of computer do you have?

To find what sound card or audio controller you have, go to Start>Control Panel and double-click on System. Open the Hardware tab and double-click on Device Manager.

Clkick the plus sign beside Sound, video and game controllers and hopefully you'll find something to identify your sound card...

Tim G

thxs

Go from the start menu to the configurations folder
=> Click on control panel => Click on sounds (or similar)
Somewhere on the first page of this it says: Place pictogram in system tray...
Et Voilá! :D

Uponastar

Pictogram?

Just for the heck of it, I went into my control panel.
- Sound and Audio Devices.
And there is a box to click that says
- Place Volume icon in the taskbar

I guess wording on all computers will be slightly different.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

Moreso on Corrus'... :lookaroun

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
i tried to check mark it and it says the volume control has not been installed

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
it says Audio Codecs
legancy Audio Drivers
legancy video capture device
media control devices
realtek AC'97 Audio
Video Codecs

thats what is says when i click on it.

OK, you'll need to find something that relates to your sound card to determine where to look.

Did you buy your computer the way it is or did you add a sound card?

If you added one, do you remember what brand? If not, what kind of computer do you have?

To find what sound card or audio controller you have, go to Start>Control Panel and double-click on System. Open the Hardware tab and double-click on Device Manager.

Clkick the plus sign beside Sound, video and game controllers and hopefully you'll find something to identify your sound card...

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
This happened to me once and I eventually figured it out though I have no idea why it left in the first place...:confused:
Just right click on your taskbar below and click on customize...then make sure the volume control says always show...worked for me..:D
View attachment 24901
edit: you may have to restart your computer after you do this so it will show up..but I can't remember...

Mikester71

If you go into the Control Panel and then Sounds and Audio Devices, under Device Volume there you should just be able to click on Place volume icon in the taskbar. It should show your sound card name (Realtek, Soundblaster, etc) at the top of this window. If not, then you probably have to go into your System Properties, then under Hardware go to Device Manager and look to see if you have anything under Sound, video and game controllers or if there are any yellow exclamation marks under here. Try reinstalling the sound drivers from the CD or look up new drivers for your sound card on the internet. Hope this helps! :shrug:

Philo

I would uninstall the audio drivers and then have them re-installed.

The easiest way to do this is go to the device manager (right-click on 'My Computer', select properties and then Hardware and then Device Manager).

Find your soundcard in Sound, video and game controllers and remove anything audio based. (note that before removing you might want to go to properties and try 'update driver'). When you re-start your computer, windows should figure out that something 'new' has been installed and find the drivers - best be is to let windows search online, that way you will get the most up-to-date drivers availalble.

Other options are to find-out who makes the soundcard and download the drivers from their website or, if its a laptop, visit the laptops manufactures site and see if you can download any audio drivers for your specific model (this is a bit hit and miss)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom