Need shoes for Disney - Nike preferred

Schweino

So I wasn't sure where to post this, but trip planning felt appropriate. I have a gift card for Nike and definitely need to get me a new pair of walking shoes for Disney. I wore a pair of Jordans (6 rings) for three days last time and that was the worst mistake ever. I literally filled our tub with ice and iced my feet at the end of each day!

Anyone have any good Nike's that get them through the 10-12 mile days and have a lot of cushion? I have wide, flat feet so my heels stomp and love as much cushion in the heel as I can get my hands on. TIA!

Schweino

Original Poster
While I'm not a huge Nike fan, my kids have a number of styles they find comfortable. My older one just got a pair of AF1s and stole my Air Max 95s (a nostalgia thing for me). She also runs in Zoom Pegasus. The younger one also has a pair of Zoom Pegasus that she likes and both kids have been in Air Max 90s before that they said were very cushy. I know several people who have Huarache's and while they say they are comfy, I also know several who feel they are clunky.
I have a few AF1's myself and there cushion is too hard to be used at WDW for me. I will def take a look at the Pegasus's as I have read good things about it. TY!

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Do you feel the shoe to be bulky at all? One of my hesitations is shoes that carry a bulkier heel tend to also cause me some pain since the cushioning is not really there. Like you I would of swore my feet were bruised after doing the parks last time. Granted, we opened the parks (HS at 5 am for opening of galaxys edge), took a 3 hour break in the middle, then closed the parks down so it made for some long days and not something I am use to on the regular :)

If you want a lightweight shoe then definitely do look into Skechers. They do have some heavy ones but the ones I get that I mentioned in a PP are super lightweight.
I have what my family refers to as "princess and the pea feet" aka my feet are very sensitive.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Do you have a Nike outlet store near you? You can find good prices on the shoes and you can pull the shoes off the shelf to try on, no having to grab a salesperson. I've got flat feet and through a lot of trial and error, I've found that running shoes are the best for me. Nike's Air Zoom Pegasus and Air Zoom Vomero are my personal favorites. They've got great cushioning and support.
Follow up - got a pair of Nike Joyride Dual Runs at the outlet :) The impact my heel feels is almost completely gone! I shall post a review on 12/5 when I return xD

Upvote 0

MissViv

Not sure if you are male or female. Nike would still work if you are male but I am female and haven't worn Nike in years.

I go with Sketchers or New Balance. I think Nike is kinda out of style.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

So I wasn't sure where to post this, but trip planning felt appropriate. I have a gift card for Nike and definitely need to get me a new pair of walking shoes for Disney. I wore a pair of Jordans (6 rings) for three days last time and that was the worst mistake ever. I literally filled our tub with ice and iced my feet at the end of each day!

Anyone have any good Nike's that get them through the 10-12 mile days and have a lot of cushion? I have wide, flat feet so my heels stomp and love as much cushion in the heel as I can get my hands on. TIA!
One question, what time of year?
If it's summer, consider Teva sandals. Your feet will air out and you wont have to worry on water rides, and they are super comforable.
If looking for something enclosed I will reveal my secret fave shoe company, Sanuk. Some of their stuff is hit or miss, and they stopped making my all time favorite boat shoe(blew away sperry's).

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Follow up - got a pair of Nike Joyride Dual Runs at the outlet :) The impact my heel feels is almost completely gone! I shall post a review on 12/5 when I return xD
Ahhh. I was going to put in my plug for Tanjun's. They are so lightweight and comfortable. I have multiple pairs in different colors.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nike was awesome...

Back in the late 80’s/early 90’s...had a couple of nice air equalons and zoom vomeros about ten years ago...but since they all look like cheap adidas knockoffs.

Brooks...ghosts or adrenaline...for play and workout

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I'd take a couple of pair of shoes/sandals and ROTATE wearing them! Your feet need a break from being in the same shoe day after day. Also, try getting a pair of super feet insoles to put in your shoes instead of the garbage insoles that come with the shoe (unless you can get good custom-fit orthotics). Also, if you can find a good podiatrist, he/she may have a list of shoes recommended for your foot type by brand. When I was running, my coach took me to a sports-medicine podiatrist who did my custom orthotics and I now have a list of brands/models of shoes for my foot type and gait pattern. I also agree with the poster who said to go to a specialty shoes store and have them analyze your gait (if you don't go to a podiatrist)--they'll recommend some shoes for you based on that on foot shape. Some shoes are meant for people who over-pronate and others who supinate when they walk/run and it may make all the difference to your entire body to be in the correct vs. incorrect shoe. I'd save your gift card for getting a pair of Nike's to have for when you aren't walking miles/day in the parks if you can help it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom