Need shoes for Disney - Nike preferred

Schweino

So I wasn't sure where to post this, but trip planning felt appropriate. I have a gift card for Nike and definitely need to get me a new pair of walking shoes for Disney. I wore a pair of Jordans (6 rings) for three days last time and that was the worst mistake ever. I literally filled our tub with ice and iced my feet at the end of each day!

Anyone have any good Nike's that get them through the 10-12 mile days and have a lot of cushion? I have wide, flat feet so my heels stomp and love as much cushion in the heel as I can get my hands on. TIA!

Zayegrrl

In the Parks
No
Not Nike, but I have two options of shoes I'm bringing on my own trip. First are a pair of Fila athletic sneakers with memory foam cushions. Second (since obv Florida is a heat trap), I have these Sanuk Yoga Sandals. Recommended those to my sister when she went and she had absolutely no complaints. If you check the amazon reviews for Era 2 Sanuk Sandals, two of the reviews state specifically the users wore them to Disney and loved it.

Upvote 0

GimpYancIent

So I wasn't sure where to post this, but trip planning felt appropriate. I have a gift card for Nike and definitely need to get me a new pair of walking shoes for Disney. I wore a pair of Jordans (6 rings) for three days last time and that was the worst mistake ever. I literally filled our tub with ice and iced my feet at the end of each day!

Anyone have any good Nike's that get them through the 10-12 mile days and have a lot of cushion? I have wide, flat feet so my heels stomp and love as much cushion in the heel as I can get my hands on. TIA!
Since I do not know how you purchase your footwear, a lot of people purchase on line, I suggest going to an athletic shoe store. Try on and walk around in shoes you are interested in. If Nike happens to be the shoes that fit and feel the best to you, hey!, you already have a gift card. The better the fit and comfort to you the happier you will be moving about Disney. I a prefer Brooks to run in and Sketchers to walk in but that is me. myself and I. You need to do what does right by you. Enjoy your time at Disney.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Shoes are very individual and you really need to figure out for yourself what works best for you.
My sister has to wear sandals to the parks because her toes squish together too much in sneakers.
I on the other hand have to wear sneakers or my feet swell and I get bottom of the feet blisters from sliding in sandals.
I like Skechers go walk. They have yoga mat insoles which are perfect for my feet because they provide cushion but also give support that memory foam seems to lack.
I walk about 2 miles every day outside at home year round in all weather with these shoes and have for 4 years. (not the same pair of course as they wear out with that much walking but I can put on a brand new pair and hit the ground running with zero break in time because my feet are just so used to that exact style of shoe.)
Its a good thing you're thinking about this now instead of a week out.
I'd go to a Nike store if that'st he brand you want and see what is available and try different shoes on.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Nikes or another brand....they all can provide comfort. Besides getting a pair of comfortable shoes that have good cushioning in them I always spend some money on getting good inserts to supplement their ability to hold up and comfort my feet on those long days of walking. Really has made a difference on how my feet and legs feel at the end of the day. I usually also help myself by heading to the resort hot tub for a good relaxing soak which refreshes my body and gets it ready for the next days attack of the park.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Nikes or another brand....they all can provide comfort. Besides getting a pair of comfortable shoes that have good cushioning in them I always spend some money on getting good inserts to supplement their ability to hold up and comfort my feet on those long days of walking. Really has made a difference on how my feet and legs feel at the end of the day. I usually also help myself by heading to the resort hot tub for a good relaxing soak which refreshes my body and gets it ready for the next days attack of the park.

I wish all resorts had hot tubs because I have always found that makes a huge difference.
When we had a functional hot tub at home I loved going in for 15 minutes after a long day of physical activity.
I figured I'd also piggy back off this and add that I take advil each morning before heading out to the parks. It really helps to get ahead of the swelling and aches.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Oh and I forgot another trick that I swear by.
Vapor rub. Yep. It does wonders and by the end of the trip my feet are super soft.
The smell coming from your shoes does take some getting used to.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
I swear by Nike AirMax90s. They have good support and excellent cushioning. I swear the bottoms of my feet were bruised on some trips before I gave in and switched to sneakers.
Do you feel the shoe to be bulky at all? One of my hesitations is shoes that carry a bulkier heel tend to also cause me some pain since the cushioning is not really there. Like you I would of swore my feet were bruised after doing the parks last time. Granted, we opened the parks (HS at 5 am for opening of galaxys edge), took a 3 hour break in the middle, then closed the parks down so it made for some long days and not something I am use to on the regular :)

Upvote 0

Communicora

Premium Member
Do you feel the shoe to be bulky at all? One of my hesitations is shoes that carry a bulkier heel tend to also cause me some pain since the cushioning is not really there. Like you I would of swore my feet were bruised after doing the parks last time. Granted, we opened the parks (HS at 5 am for opening of galaxys edge), took a 3 hour break in the middle, then closed the parks down so it made for some long days and not something I am use to on the regular :)

They do look a bit bulky, but I guess I like the look. I started wearing them regularly after recovering from a broken foot. I have found that Nike shoes work really well for me. They feel supported and cushioned throughout. The comfort probably varies from person to person. If you don't want to go to a store to try them you could order a pair from an online store that has a good return policy.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Just chiming in. The only shoes I’ve ever comfortably worn for more then a week at Disney are my Xero Prios. Honestly I was floored they did so well. My feet didn’t ache at the end of the day. And they’ve held up awhile. That trip was December 2018 and they’re still my go-to shoes.

Upvote 0

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
Do you have a Nike outlet store near you? You can find good prices on the shoes and you can pull the shoes off the shelf to try on, no having to grab a salesperson. I've got flat feet and through a lot of trial and error, I've found that running shoes are the best for me. Nike's Air Zoom Pegasus and Air Zoom Vomero are my personal favorites. They've got great cushioning and support.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Do you have a Nike outlet store near you? You can find good prices on the shoes and you can pull the shoes off the shelf to try on, no having to grab a salesperson. I've got flat feet and through a lot of trial and error, I've found that running shoes are the best for me. Nike's Air Zoom Pegasus and Air Zoom Vomero are my personal favorites. They've got great cushioning and support.
I do actually! I may go do that this week before the misses goes out of town :) Thanks Dodgr!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

While I'm not a huge Nike fan, my kids have a number of styles they find comfortable. My older one just got a pair of AF1s and stole my Air Max 95s (a nostalgia thing for me). She also runs in Zoom Pegasus. The younger one also has a pair of Zoom Pegasus that she likes and both kids have been in Air Max 90s before that they said were very cushy. I know several people who have Huarache's and while they say they are comfy, I also know several who feel they are clunky.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom