Need opinions from people with experience

jwpjr

Hey all,

So, I think I already know the answer to this, but this is my first time booking a Disney trip, and I would really appreciate some input.

I already started the process of booking my trip for June 29. It is a relatively small trip (about $4500 total) and I put a downpayment of $2000. My plan was to pay the rest off at the end of this month.

I know Disney has closed all of their parks through March because of Covid-19, but my trip is over 100 days away. Like I said, this may be a dumb question, but if you were in my shoes, would you continue paying on your trip? Or would you just cancel and reschedule after all of this has blown over? Or should I hold off until the last possible day before making my final payment?

I know that June 29 is basically July, which is sooo far away. I really would hope that all of this has blown over by then, but I just would like some input from others who have gone to Disney before.

Thanks so much!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney will Have to adjust their cancellation /reimbursement policies in lieu of this. We are on the front end of this - not to back. So framing it that way - if you continue to pay - there is little risk you wouldn’t be able to recoup everything.

I would go that route.

On the other hand...I don’t think they would ease their payment deadlines, so you could wait as long as you pay it off by the at date.

Have you considered using the target 5% off method?

Upvote 0

jwpjr

Original Poster
Disney will Have to adjust their cancellation /reimbursement policies in lieu of this. We are on the front end of this - not to back. So framing it that way - if you continue to pay - there is little risk you wouldn’t be able to recoup everything.

I would go that route.

On the other hand...I don’t think they would ease their payment deadlines, so you could wait as long as you pay it off by the at date.

Have you considered using the target 5% off method?

Thanks for the input!

Thought about using the red card to buy gift certificates, but I think I would rather accumulate miles on my credit card for future travels :)

I should have noted that I also purchased the travel insurance. I'm not so concerned with recouping the money -- for a situation like this, I'm sure Disney will be accomodating -- however, it's more about the hassle of it all later. My thought was, would it be better to try and get back my full $4500 if something were to happen? Or just the deposit I put down?

Either way, I think I'll move forward with paying it. I know this Virus is very serious, but I can't see Disneyworld being closed all the way through the end of June, can you?

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well good luck and hope for the best for you.

Well...this is just my PERSONAL opinion...but I’m afraid we lost the chance to contain this in the US and that’s why the message has been so bad.

I hope that means that wdw isn’t shuttered to June...but I wouldn’t bet on it as it stands.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

I think your decision comes down to whether you want to keep the reservation if the parks reopen. Or would you rather reschedule until later in the year? What would you lose if you had to cancel, like flights etc. Your money paid to Disney is safe, you won’t lose it.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Personally I wouldn't even be worrying about this right now.
I don't usually make my final payment until close to the 30 day prior mark.
If you want to pay sooner than do so and then if the time is getting closer and it looks like you aren't gonna go then cancel and get your money back. No big deal either way in my opinion.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I would wait to completely pay it off until you get closer to your due date. Obviously you can always reschedule, but if there's no rush then why stress over it. 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom