need hotel for 2 day stay

We will be at the World Nov.28- December 5 staying at WL. Air fare is much cheaper if we leave on November 26 instead. Wouldn't mind taking DS to Universal on Sat. the 27. Any ideas for a hotel and how to work out the transportation issues? We will be flying into MCO from Buffalo NY. Thanks guys! :sohappy:

I take it when you mean a hotel you mean in universal! Well when I stayed last year, I stayed in the Hard rock hotel and it was really fun!
As to do with transport I usally rent a car but if you dont want to do that I would just get a taxi!:wave:

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

if you are looking to spend a little less do a search online because many of the surrounding hotels to universal have shuttles to/from the park. it's always fun to stay onsite but universal is not like disney where you have a big difference in park hours for staying onsite.

Upvote 0

ASHLAND WDW MAN

Check with the on site hotels because you may be able to receive front of the line pass for all of the rides when you stay on property. I know last summer when my brother-in-law and family stayed at hard rock that is what they got as one of the perks. If you have only one day then that would save a lot of time.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

If you are trying to go cheap, the Universal on site hotels don't really fit that bill. They are all fairly expensive, and would probably wipe out any cost savings. And doing a local cheapie works, until you throw in the car rental. A one way is kinda expensive. And taking Lynx is like 30 bucks RT I think from TTC to Universal. You may want to look at staying at a Value for the extra time, and then look into doing a 1 day rental from one of the on property/close to property car rental places. That may end up being your cheapest option. Or just stay value and add on the extra days to your tickets for next to nothing.

Upvote 0

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Why not stay at a Disney value resort, you can use Magical Express and then just transfer to WL? As to a day at Universal, perhaps rent a car for the day? Or a car service? I agree with a PP, the onsite Universal hotels prices would probably negate any airfare savings.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Why not stay at a Disney value resort, you can use Magical Express and then just transfer to WL? As to a day at Universal, perhaps rent a car for the day? Or a car service? I agree with a PP, the onsite Universal hotels prices would probably negate any airfare savings.

The cost of a car rental plus gas and parking would probably cost a lot more than just taking a cab round trip. I'm doing a short Universal-only trip next month and am staying at the Hyatt for LESS than what Disney is charging for a Value Resort...on the AP Discount! And it's 1/4 mile form Universal. It's called the Hyatt Place Orlando Universal.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom