Need help with dining ideas

Jabbas

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

My fiancé surprised me with a trip to Magic Kingdom. I'm super excited and I'm very thankful but I wish he would have surprised me in advance because I'm sol on dining. Over the summer I had reservations for CRT and Be our guest but we ended up buying a house and had to cancel our trip. So I recently opened up Chase Disney CC and one of the discounts for restaurants I get is from Boma. Anyways, would I be better off just eating in park because I've never been to AK and not sure how I would get to Boma. Can't get into be our guests and I know CRT is closing for a refurb. My fiancé doesn't like Disney and eating a decent meal is the only thing he's looking forward too but the trip is on such short notice. How do the fast passes work for be our guest? Thanks in advance!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Disney buses run from AK back to AKL
Buses also run from MK (where OP is going) to AKL which would enable them to dine at Boma.
How do the fast passes work for be our guest? Thanks in advance!
If you are staying at a Disney resort you will receive an email invitation for a Be Our Guest fastpass for Lunch when you are less than 30 days out.

If you are a day guest only, head to the restaurant first thing in the morning for a standby return time card (they may or may not be handing out cards. If not, you are out of luck.)

Jabbas

Original Poster
So should I even bother with making reservations cause the only time slots are around 6 or 7. Should I just find something to eat in the park? I don't even remember there being anything else decent to eat in MK. Also can you get fast passes in the park still when you first walk in or is everything done online now? Thanks for the help!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So should I even bother with making reservations cause the only time slots are around 6 or 7. Should I just find something to eat in the park? I don't even remember there being anything else decent to eat in MK. Also can you get fast passes in the park still when you first walk in or is everything done online now? Thanks for the help!
If you want to eat at Boma, you should make a reservation as it would be awful if you got there and they were not taking walk-ups (it happens). If you are looking for a table service meal in the MK, Liberty Tree Tavern is good and often has last-minute availability.

There are no more paper fastpass machines. If you already have your tickets you can create a My Disney Experience account, link the tickets and make 3 fastpass selections before arriving at the park. Or you can wait until you arrive and make fastpass selections at one of the staffed kiosks.

Tinkerfan4ever

if you wanted to stay close to Magic kingdom - have you looked into The Wave at the Contemporary or Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge? Both of these resorts are close to the MK and you could always go back to MK after your meal. (Both restaurants I listed also get the Disney Rewards discount)

Jabbas

Original Poster
I'm thinking we should just wait. He never purchased tickets I just got a bunch of gift cards from him and his family that basically pays for the trip and any food we eat there. I'm a planner and he hates lines! Hmm.

Matt_Black

if you wanted to stay close to Magic kingdom - have you looked into The Wave at the Contemporary or Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge? Both of these resorts are close to the MK and you could always go back to MK after your meal. (Both restaurants I listed also get the Disney Rewards discount)

On a related tangent, I've heard very nice things about the dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. I've not had the opportunity myself, but breakfast there is awesome.

Jabbas

Original Poster
Thanks for all the suggestions but still on the fence if we should even go this week. If we do go I think we will just eat outside of the parks. I'm thinking of just waiting til the end of January and beginning of February. I really wanted to try be our guest. I'm still bitter about canceling the reservations over the summer, lol.

Jabbas

Original Poster
We didn't end up going. I kept reading about magic kingdom being closed because of capacity issues plus I just felt really rushed! I was kind of bummed because we had a dog sitter and time off of work but I would rather go on our terms and not feel so rushed! I am thinking of buying an annual pass.

Jabbas

Original Poster
Cinderellas Castle is a must!! Also want to try Boma and Ohana. I've never actually did a real Disney vacation. I've only gone for two days at a time so I'm excited!

SnarkyMonkey

Cinderellas Castle is a must!! Also want to try Boma and Ohana. I've never actually did a real Disney vacation. I've only gone for two days at a time so I'm excited!

You know about the refurb that's currently happening at the Castle right now, right?

tlev

Keep checking BOG reservations several times a day if you can. I've gotten lucky twice with picking up reservations when I could not get them before.

SnarkyMonkey

Apparently the character meal has moved over to Citrico's while the Royal Table is being worked on. I have heard wonderful reviews. I have also hear that in addition to Cindy, Belle is there too. Might want to think about that...although I guess it's probably just as hard to get into.

Jabbas

Original Poster
Keep checking BOG reservations several times a day if you can. I've gotten lucky twice with picking up reservations when I could not get them before.

I've had them twice and both times I've had to cancel. Sucks that real life is constantly getting in the way! My mother in law went and she sure teased me about that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom