Need Help Tonight!: Coronado vs French Quarter

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
Ok, I haven't been on this site in ages, but booking a trip tonight. Already have the flights booked, so the dates are set for January 19-25th. Just the wife and I.

Here's my Dilemma. I've never stayed in a moderate before nor have I had a meal plan before.

Coronado Springs, 7 days hopper, no meal plan :$1,665

or

French Quarter, 7 days hopper, moderate meal plan (1 sit down, 1 quick service): $2,220

I figure without a meal plan, we'd probably spend around 3-400 for the week. We normally eat quickly in the parks without doing a restaurant type setting. That'd bring the Coronado Springs up to 2100 or maybe cheaper depending on how we eat for the week (which means we probably won't sit down and eat anywhere, that's just quick service)

I'm leaning more towards FQ for the one bus stop and location for everything. Theming doesn't really matter much to me, as I'm from New Orleans and the theming of FQ is what I see everyday (hoping that doesn't ruin the "Disney" feel for us). I have the FQ on reserve until tomorrow to pay it off, but now having second thoughts on spending that much.

On the other end of the spectrum, this might make us slow down and enjoy the meals that Disney has to offer, which we've never done before, so that might be nice. We've been to Disney A LOT (me especially, being ex WDWCP), but never really did the sit down places Disney offers.

Thoughts? Thanks

PREMiERdrum

I'd go French Quarter with Disney Dining Plan. French Quarter is quaint and beautiful, and is a much more manageable size than the other moderates.

As for the dining plan, I've found that we *feel* so much better when we make ourselves sit down and enjoy a real meal at least once a day on vacation. We did the Quick Service plan once, and got so tired of the same boring menu options after a few days.

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
I'd go French Quarter with Disney Dining Plan. French Quarter is quaint and beautiful, and is a much more manageable size than the other moderates.

As for the dining plan, I've found that we *feel* so much better when we make ourselves sit down and enjoy a real meal at least once a day on vacation. We did the Quick Service plan once, and got so tired of the same boring menu options after a few days.

Thanks so much for the reply, I think we're definitely leaning this way as well.

rt06

DDP is $60/pp/day.

I've decided to forgo the DDP. My party doesn't eat very much. There have been sit downs where I could go for an appetizer, salad, and water, and because of the DDP I have to get the main, drink, and dessert. Which also adds to the tip. We often don't finish the desserts. Our snack credits ended up accumulating. I'm just guess-timating, but I'm pretty sure I can average better than $180/day for my party of three over the course of our stay. That's including a signature and a few sit downs.

You can still make ADRs by staying at a resort, which will compel you to slow down.

Nubs70

POFQ is much smaller than the other resorts. I have stayed at POP, CBR, and POFQx3. As for me, I prefer POFQ due to the smaller size and single bus stop. The food court is a bit limited but I rarely eat there for other than coffee and bengiets in the morning. If you don't mind a walk, head over to Riverside for a larger food court and other amenities.

Nubs70

DDP is $60/pp/day.

I've decided to forgo the DDP. My party doesn't eat very much. There have been sit downs where I could go for an appetizer, salad, and water, and because of the DDP I have to get the main, drink, and dessert. Which also adds to the tip. We often don't finish the desserts. Our snack credits ended up accumulating. I'm just guess-timating, but I'm pretty sure I can average better than $180/day for my party of three over the course of our stay. That's including a signature and a few sit downs.

You can still make ADRs by staying at a resort, which will compel you to slow down.
A few years back, I figured doing QS ran my family about $40/pp/day.

RonAnnArbor

POFQ is far and away considered the most difficult moderate resort to book at present, because of its small size, its traditionally adult orientation (though that has changed significantly and it can be as much a stroller-city as any of the other resorts these days), its beautiful theming, and the boat to DTD...not to mention arguably the best bus service for any of the moderate resorts.
That being said -- your choice is between a large, more modern, convention-type hotel, vs a smaller more magical resort. The Dining Plan is an added bonus.
There is a reason that the Coronado is way cheaper than POFQ. Its a big one.

Buzz2001

Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price. CSR also offer business club level rooms now with lounge access.

CSR has queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink.

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

LucyK

POFQ is nice. The boat to Downtown Disney is so nice, relaxing, romantic.;)
It's my third favorite thing about the resort. A quick two minute walk and you're at the docks, now just get on the boat, sit back and relax. There is a reason we go to DTD so much during our trips and it's not shopping related!

luv

I'd pick CSR, anyway, but especially if you're from NO. I don't know about dining plans and what that would save or add to the cost, though. :)

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
Thank you all for the quick responses.

We chose the way of POFQ with the dining plan. Looking forward to the quaintness of FQ and the boats to DTD along with slowing down to have some nice sit down dinners.

Since I have y'all's attention, any not miss restaurants around the parks for us to set up reservations to? Being that we've never done anything besides QS, we know nothing of sit downs haha

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
On a side note, since our trip is so soon, I didn't have a chance to change my MB color off gray and looks like I'm stuck with it. :( says it's being ordered and shipping soon.

MissingDisney

Thank you all for the quick responses.

We chose the way of POFQ with the dining plan. Looking forward to the quaintness of FQ and the boats to DTD along with slowing down to have some nice sit down dinners.

Since I have y'all's attention, any not miss restaurants around the parks for us to set up reservations to? Being that we've never done anything besides QS, we know nothing of sit downs haha

I would start by seeing what's available as that's around the marathon and a holiday weekend, I think. Ressies have been made months in advance. That may narrow it down for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom