Need help from Disney Paris experts

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
So I will be going back to Paris and this time decided to visit the Disneyland Paris resort. I need the help from you all great people. The trip is not till November, I will be arriving on November 10 at CDG airport and will stay till the 17 at the Marriott near the resort.

I plan on going to the resort for one or two days depending on what you guys suggest.
The rest of the week I plan on seeing more of Paris since I have only been for quick one or two days trips before. Then on the 17 I will take a train to Prague and do some more exploring.

Some of my questions for you all are

-Can I did both parks in one day in November? Or should it be two days?
-Is the resort on a reservation system?
- are they using the fast lane or genie system? Or the old fashion and what I enjoy standby lines?
- will it already be cold in November and are there possibilities of snow? I usually have been in Paris in May so not sure how cold weather gets in November.
- in regards to transportation, I don’t want to rent a car this time so what is the best way to get around Paris? I want to be able to get to the Marriot see the parks a day or two then rest of days go to city center for day trips. I plan one day to get up early head to Paris and then catch a train to London for the day. I think it can get expensive if I buy a train ticket every time I get on it to return to hotel so does Paris have a city transportation pass that includes trains within zones 1thru5?

All the help I can get would help,

Also maybe suggestions on traveling from country to country on Eurail since that’s what I will be doing for rest of that month.

Thanks

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Plan on 2 days; a day and a half in Disneyland, a good half day in studios (Avengers will be open by then)
Yes to reservations. You also can’t currently pay on the day - advance tickets only.
$hapek removed Fastpass for Premiere Access - pay per ride (or standby)
Yes to cold. Maybe for snow.

Den Carter

Agree with @marni1971 that you'll want two days. If possible you should do them midweek as weekends are always more crowded. Bring layers. November can be mild but it's more likely to be cold.

Transport-wise, I'm not sure where the Marriott you're referring to is or whether it's on the RER route, but your best bet for getting about by train (RER), Metro or bus is a Paris Visite tourist card. You can travel unlimited journeys for five days. You can either buy zone 1-3 (just Paris central) or zone 1-5 passes, which include DLP and more of the suburban areas, plus airports and Versailles.

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
Plan on 2 days; a day and a half in Disneyland, a good half day in studios (Avengers will be open by then)
Yes to reservations. You also can’t currently pay on the day - advance tickets only.
$hapek removed Fastpass for Premiere Access - pay per ride (or standby)
Yes to cold. Maybe for snow.
Thanks for that info. I probably should start looking at the site and see how far in advance reservations start for that week.

What days are better to go. I am arriving on the 10th Thursday so just relaxing g that day. Should I go on Friday or just wait till the next Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/ Wednesday.

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
I keep reading about

Paris Visite travel pass​

Has anyone used this and is it worth getting to travel from airport to resort area and then back and forth to Paris for site seeing.
I want to be able to go I to Paris center area from resort area on days I will not be in resort

Den Carter

I keep reading about

Paris Visite travel pass​

Has anyone used this and is it worth getting to travel from airport to resort area and then back and forth to Paris for site seeing.
I want to be able to go I to Paris center area from resort area on days I will not be in resort

See my post above in which I recommend the Paris Visite card. Depending on the location of your hotel, it's definitely worth it. This is the cheapest public transport pass that'll get you to DLP from the city centre, and also to Versailles and to/from the main airports.

The journey from the centre of Paris to DLP by train is 45-60 minutes. I visit DLP about three times a year. Sometimes I drive, but when I don't I either stay within walking distance of the parks (on-property or in Serris, the nearest town, which is 20 mins walk), or in the city centre and use the RER. It all depends if my trip is JUST a Disney trip, or if I'm trying to fit in something else too...

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
Agree with @marni1971 that you'll want two days. If possible you should do them midweek as weekends are always more crowded. Bring layers. November can be mild but it's more likely to be cold.

Transport-wise, I'm not sure where the Marriott you're referring to is or whether it's on the RER route, but your best bet for getting about by train (RER), Metro or bus is a Paris Visite tourist card. You can travel unlimited journeys for five days. You can either buy zone 1-3 (just Paris central) or zone 1-5 passes, which include DLP and more of the suburban areas, plus airports and Versailles.

Thank you so much for that info, will definitely be getting the pass. I want to be able to head into Paris pretty much everyday that I am not in the parks.
The

Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France​

I am staying in according to google is 3.5 miles away or about an hour walk. Looks like I should be able to get a round trip shuttle from there to parks and train station.
This info will helped me understand a bit more the transportation system in the city.
Kept reading that train from Paris to Disneyland was only a few minutes but would also see in other sites that it takes closer to an hour.

I think I was looking at two different systems.

peep

I think everyone has pretty much covered your questions but wanted to pop in to say that the citymapper app is pretty helpful when it comes to using public transport in Paris. If there are any engineering works on the RER etc it should be able to find you alternative routes.

Absimilliard

If your trip is within a monday to friday time frame, get the weekly Navigo pass for 22.85 euros versus 65 euros for the tourist trap 5 days Paris Visite card. It will cover the buses from the Marriott to the RER station, then your 40 minutes RER ride into Paris and all buses, subway and RER within.

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
I think everyone has pretty much covered your questions but wanted to pop in to say that the citymapper app is pretty helpful when it comes to using public transport in Paris. If there are any engineering works on the RER etc it should be able to find you alternative routes.
Thanks did not know there was an app, I’ll have to find it and take a look.

SoFloMagic

If your trip is within a monday to friday time frame, get the weekly Navigo pass for 22.85 euros versus 65 euros for the tourist trap 5 days Paris Visite card. It will cover the buses from the Marriott to the RER station, then your 40 minutes RER ride into Paris and all buses, subway and RER within.
Do you still need a passport photo for that with the move to digital?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Just wanted to add that the train system looks really confusing online but when you get there it's REALLY incredibly simple. I wish we had something like it all over the States. So don't fret if it doesn't make sense when you look at it online.

Also if there are touristy things you want to do in Paris DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Like the catacombs, for example... When I took my mom they were only having tours on certain days of the week, and if you weren't in line by six am you weren't likely getting a tour that day. But I purchased advance tickets online and we were able to make it happen. There are a lot of things in Paris that have best times to avoid lines or purchase ahead tickets or things like that. Don't structure your trip too much because there magic of the city is in what just happens to happen, but don't go in blind and unprepared either.

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
Do you still need a passport photo for that with the move to digital?
Thank you for that info, I will be arriving on Thursday and site seeing Friday, thru Thursday.
Was going to ask where I can get the pass but I think someone mentioned to buy at station.
Now I would have to calculate how to cover the beginning of my trip days Friday thru Sunday and see how that would work out

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
Just wanted to add that the train system looks really confusing online but when you get there it's REALLY incredibly simple. I wish we had something like it all over the States. So don't fret if it doesn't make sense when you look at it online.

Also if there are touristy things you want to do in Paris DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Like the catacombs, for example... When I took my mom they were only having tours on certain days of the week, and if you weren't in line by six am you weren't likely getting a tour that day. But I purchased advance tickets online and we were able to make it happen. There are a lot of things in Paris that have best times to avoid lines or purchase ahead tickets or things like that. Don't structure your trip too much because there magic of the city is in what just happens to happen, but don't go in blind and unprepared either.
Thank you for the Info, I do quite a bit of traveling and have been to almost 70 countries but for some reason when I started doing research for Paris I was getting a bit confused. LOL
The first time I was there I went for business so was pretty much driven everywhere. This time around I want to be able to enjoy the city see some of the sites.

May i ask Is there a certain service you use for tickets when it comes to site seeing touristy areas or do you just go to their sites?
I try to stay away from the biggest tourist sites or maybe just go and see if they sound interesting but mostly explore the out of the way gems that tourist neglect

Absimilliard

Thank you for that info, I will be arriving on Thursday and site seeing Friday, thru Thursday.
Was going to ask where I can get the pass but I think someone mentioned to buy at station.
Now I would have to calculate how to cover the beginning of my trip days Friday thru Sunday and see how that would work out

Are you flying in? You can do it at the RER counter in the train station at terminal 2 at CDG airport.

amjt660

Premium Member
Hello
I have only been to Paris and DLP one time in 2011 so I cannot help with current schedules and best transportation

But I am struggling with your plan to sleep all 7 nights near DLP but only go there for 2 days.

If you have 5 day trips to Paris (or surrounding areas) you are spending approx 1.5-2 hours a day on a train getting to your destination

I would consider a Paris hotel for the first 4-5 nights and then finish the trip at the Marriott near DLP
You will get more time to sight see this way

Just my 2 cents

Max

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom