Need help deciding on where to eat! Gotta make ADRs!

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
Hey yall :)

So in November, I'm vacationing at WDW/ Universal with a newbie (I guess that makes us both kind of noobs?) and he has absolutely no opinion on where we eat. :hilarious:

A bit of background: We're both adults, of legal age, no children, and with varied tastes. He has no preference, really, and I like an adventure. However this is more planning than I was really prepared for, and I'm having a hard time deciding where we should eat.... and when. Yall can't help with the when, but the where would be great!

Neither of us like seafood- which is what is making this such a challenge for me. I've been doing my homework and checking out my options, menus, reviews, and I still can't decide.

So far, I'm thinking Boma, Ohana (been once; I liked it, but he's a pig so he's going to LOVE it), Shutters (we're staying at CBR- anyone eat here?), Be Our Guest and Marrakesh.

I'm hellbent on Be Our Guest for either lunch or dinner.

I LOVE indian and african food and like to try new dishes. Marrakesh is one my boss recommends- she's DVC and goes to WDW twice a year, so I'm a bit inclined to trust her on that one.

We'll be in WDW for 5 nights..... 5 days, and a morning, then we ship off to Universal for 5 more nights :)

Any recommendations for WDW... ((and/or Universal!!)) that doesn't revolve around seafood? Travel isn't an issue, we plan on using Disney transport and Uber/Lyft. Any advise is welcome!

CaptainAmerica

Shutters isn't great.

Absolutely no arguments with the rest of your selections. If I had five nights, I'd probably make a very similar itinerary. One note about Boma is that it can be a pain to get back to your resort after your meal if you're having dinner after Animal Kingdom (the park) has closed.

belledream

Boma sounds like it's definitely the right choice for you, so definitely stick with that! Ohana is good for the carnivores. ;) Be Our Guest is our favorite! We had a 'meh' experience at Marrakesh and preferred the neighboring Spice Road Table, but I'd consider comparing menus just in case!

Another adventurous suggestion...Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Shutters isn't great.

Absolutely no arguments with the rest of your selections. If I had five nights, I'd probably make a very similar itinerary. One note about Boma is that it can be a pain to get back to your resort after your meal if you're having dinner after Animal Kingdom (the park) has closed.
Isn't AK supposed to be open later in fall this year?

danyoung56

I know you don't like seafood, but the Coral Reef restaurant serves a pretty terrific steak. And the atmosphere, looking out the windows at the 5.7 million gallon aquarium, it totally unique!

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
Thanks guys!!

Between Sanaa, Boma, and Spice Road, which is the better option for dinner?

Yak and Yeti I haven't considered but will definitely check out now.

I haven't heard great reviews of Shutters so I've been on the wall with that one. I'm still not sold on CBR and may change resorts. I dont know. I think I'm nitpicking. :)

Edit to add- there's a very slim chance we'll be going to DHS, opting to spend two full days at Animal Kingdom instead. So two dinner ressies at AK is perfectly acceptable :)

belledream

I'm trying Sanaa for the first time this year, so I can't speak on that, but we'd definitely go back to Boma before we go back to Spice Road. It's that good. :) When we were deciding Boma v Sanaa, we just chose Boma because it was a buffet and our first time visiting AKL...so the idea of more selection appealed to us. Plus, it might be hard to see any animals at dinner if you dine at Sanaa depending on what time you eat because it may be too dark.

danyoung56

It kinda depends on where you want to be. If you plan on an evening in Epcot, then Spice Road Table is an excellent choice. But if you're planning a visit to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, then either Boma (a buffet) or Sanaa (table service) are great choices. I've enjoyed meals at all 3 locations - you can't go wrong!

belledream

I didn't even think of the animal aspect. This is getting complex, LOL :)
Different menus and different experiences. :) If you can only pick one, just discuss which one appeals to you more. I highly doubt you can go wrong. ;)

As for SRT reservations, it's really not a popular spot so your chances of a walk-in are much higher than other World Showcase locations, but I personally like to play on the safe side and always book reservations if I'm set on dining somewhere.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Different menus and different experiences. :) If you can only pick one, just discuss which one appeals to you more. I highly doubt you can go wrong. ;)

As for SRT reservations, it's really not a popular spot so your chances of a walk-in are much higher than other World Showcase locations, but I personally like to play on the safe side and always book reservations if I'm set on dining somewhere.
^^^ This better safe than sorry.

BrianV

Piggybacking on the OP's questions, is Spice Road a decent place to watch Illuminations from? We ate in Mexico on the water last time and our table was decent and the kids really enjoyed sitting as they were tired. Not a perfect view, but pretty good. At Spice Road, do they dim the lights, etc? And if you can't see do they let you move to a place to see and then return like in Mexico?

olie64

At AK my wife and I really enjoy Tusker House, it is a buffet but we have had breakfast and dinner there eating lunch this in about 38 days. We really enjoy it. Be our Guest, we really enjoy.

Jess G

Marrakesh was ok not bad not great. SRT and TC are better options there. We're trying Sanaa for the first time after getting rave reviews from a few we trust.
You will love sanna! Hubby and I went 3 times and just so happened every time we got the same exact table. So now we feel like that's "our" table and were obligated to eat there every visit lol

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
Reservations for the week are booked.

Dinner @ Yak n Yeti, Marrakesh, Ohana, la Hacienda de san Angel, Boma and Liberty Tree Tavern.
Lunch at Tusker House, Be Our Guest, Chefs de France, Sanaa, (breakfast) Kona Cafe.

Now, to figure out what the heck to do with Universal. It seems they don't do reservations? Im confused. I need an adult. :grumpy: I keep hearing Mythos is a must, but gotta do some homework on what else is around.

Last edited:

BrianV

Reservations for the week are booked.

Dinner @ Yaki n Yeti, Marrakesh, Ohana, la Hacienda de san Angel, Boma and Liberty Tree Tavern.
Lunch at Tusker House, Be Our Guest, Chefs de France, Sanaa, Kona Cafe.

Now, to figure out what the heck to do with Universal. It seems they don't do reservations? Im confused. I need an adult. :grumpy: I keep hearing Mythos is a must, but gotta do some homework on what else is around.

Really don't need reservations at universal. In the parks Mythos is pretty good and a great atmosphere. Finnegans is also good. Both of the Harry potter sections have great themd quick-serve restaurants. Unlike disney, their version of disney springs is just outside the parks so there are plenty of restaurants there. Cowfish is excellent. Emerils is good too. I like margaritaville but opinions are mixed. If you insist on reservations, you can book 24 hours in advance usually. If you choose to eat off hours, there will never be a line. Check out the universal section for plenty more suggestions...I don't want to hijack this thread....

belledream

Great choices! Definitely got some adventurous choices. :hungry:

Universal does reservations (see their website, you can book online and they also list phone numbers). Not sure it's necessary though. We've always walked in to places like Mythos, "quick" places like Leaky Cauldron, Three Broomsticks, and CityWalk restaurants like Bubba Gump and the NBA restaurant. Maybe it wouldn't hurt for the more fancy/popular CityWalk restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom