Need Help deciding - I have two reservations - Carribean Beach vs AllStar Music Suite

Ally'sMom

I am traveling with my 77 year old mom who will be utilizing a scooter and my 23 year old disabled daughter who is in a wheelchair I have to push as well (I have to book an accessible room with a Roll in Shower which I was able to secure at both resorts, but don't want to tie 1 up with two reservations - so any help would be fabulous so I can release one as soon as possible). I have never stayed at either of these resorts so don't know which will be better for getting around the resorts with 2 wheelchairs. I am concerned about distance to and from transportation and getting 2 wheelchairs onto the buses, I am wondering about having space for 2 wheelchairs in the room and still having room to get around, distance to the resort lobby areas is also a concern. The cost is about $500 less at the All Star Music resort, but I am not sure if the cost savings makes it worth going to a value resort with more space in the Suite or if i would be better off staying at the moderate Carribean Beach resort (Pirate Room) for transportation and resort layout. Not having been at either of these options in the past I am at a loss as to which way to go. Would anyone be willing to share your thoughts and theories? I would greatly appreciate any and all help!! THANK YOU!

dieboy

I've been to both. Walks are probably a hair longer to the bus stops at Caribbean, vs all star.

I would highly suggest contacting the one you decide on, and letting them know its an effort to transverse a distance. They are usually accommodating and will try and find you a room were the bus stop is closer.

Walks to food, probably about the same at both depending on which 'area' of the resort you stay in.

Rooms .. up to you, as long as it meets your needs.

Another thought, maybe animal kingdom lodge, or contemporary you could get a room very close and accessible to both food and bus stops. Or another similar resort with more of a tower setup, vs sprawling property.

Upvote 0

Kristoff

It's been quite a few years since the last time I went to All Star Music but we go to CBR regularly so I can speak to that. I would avoid CBR right now for the following reasons:

• CBR has no elevators in their buildings. I'm sure they would accommodate you with a first floor room but just something to keep in mind
  • CBR is a HUGE resort and with so much construction going on getting around can be pretty chaotic. The closing of the main food area also means the only sit down dining place is extremely small and cramped. Might be difficult to find spots or space in the morning.
  • With the aforementioned construction, the bus schedules seem to have slowed way down and more people are getting crammed into less buses. When we went last year, I heard of two occasions where someone in a wheelchair had to wait over 40 minutes for a bus because they would get filled with disabled people at the first or second stop
Please don't think I'm trying to paint CBR as all doom and gloom, after all I consider it my second "home" at Disney. The staff and rooms are wonderful and pretty large and you can't go wrong staying there. I just wanted to give you a heads up on some of the issues you may encounter or face.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I would absolutely take the extra space and stay in the suite. The bigger square footage and extra bathroom would be extremely valuable to your party. Three adults in one Caribbean Beach room would be very tight, even if everyone were able-bodied and didn't have any mobility equipment with them.

Upvote 0

Jae99

Definitely the suite. They are essentially 2 rooms that are converted to a suite. 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. There is a bedroom with a queen bed and a living room area with a pullout couch. They are located in the 2 buildings closest to the main building with the QS restaurant and the buses.

Upvote 0

Ally'sMom

Original Poster
THANK YOU SO MUCH, THIS IS ALL GREAT INFORMATION.

I now have one more question for all you experts. After reading up on Allstar Music Resort. My dates cross over the Pop Warner championships at ESPN, will this be a problem being at that resort during that week?

Upvote 0

wendysue

I now have one more question for all you experts. After reading up on Allstar Music Resort. My dates cross over the Pop Warner championships at ESPN, will this be a problem being at that resort during that week?
Maybe ask for a quieter section of the resort, away from the youngsters. It can get very loud, although we found Music and Movies to be better than Sports.

Upvote 0

Jae99

We were at ASMusic last year during Pop Warner week. With you staying in a suite at the front of the resort it should be fairly quiet. The pool may be busy at times, but we didn’t find it to be noisy at all.

Upvote 0

KellBelle

We stayed at AS Sports last December and POP Warner was there. We were in a preferred room, so there were not really any of them staying in our building. They were running around all over and the food court was constantly full of kids, mostly unsupervised. Forget about getting into a pool. Thankfully, we were not at the resort much, but it bothered us enough that never again will we stay when or where POP Warner is. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom