Need help choosing a new restaurant

Plowboy

Original Poster
We'll be making our umpteenth trip to the world in late October. I'm looking for your opinions on a good dinner restaurant outside the parks. We usually take one day to just wander around the world and not go in the parks. In the past we've gone to Boma, Captain's Grille, Hoop-d-do, House of Blues, etc. Looking for something different outside the parks.

P.S. It doesn't have to be the most expensive, or the cheapest, just good.

plaz10

Since I don't know where you've been..I'll give you all my past ADRs that were good plus my upcoming ADRs...

*Le Cellier
*Via Napoli
California Grill
Narcoosses
Cape May Cafe
*Sanaa
Grand Floridian Cafe
*Kona Cafe
Ohana
Garden Grill
Coral Reef

* best Disney restaurants I've eaten at so far

baymenxpac

We'll be making our umpteenth trip to the world in late October. I'm looking for your opinions on a good dinner restaurant outside the parks. We usually take one day to just wander around the world and not go in the parks. In the past we've gone to Boma, Captain's Grille, Hoop-d-do, House of Blues, etc. Looking for something different outside the parks.

don't know where you've been, but my favorite outside-the-park eateries are:

california grill
flying fish
yachtsman steakhouse
blue zoo

jpittore1

California Grill at the Contemporary Resort

California Grill!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll get

1. A beautiful sunset with the sun just disappearing (weather permitting)
2. A fantastic meal (top shelf bar, too)
3. View of the entire Magic Kingdom
4. At Dusk see all the lights turn on at Magic Kingdom
5. Everyone can return to the balcony to watch the fireworks at MK. The balcony pumps the same music as the park. (even if you're finished dining you can return)
6. Fantastic pictures of your grouip on the balcony with MK in the background.
7. Their Chocolate Lava cake for dessert...mmmm

Innkeeper's Club

My favorite Table Service Restaurant is the ESPN Club at Disney's Boardwalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas and in my opinion their food is very good for a sports themed restaurant. Now their only difference is that they don't accept ADR's, however assuming there is no major sporting event there shouldn't be a wait or a long one to get a table. Finally if you decide to eat on their bar side the high top tables and boths have open seating, so when you come in you seat yourself.

disneygirl1

Outside the parks, what about California grill, Whispering Canyon, Artist Point, Kona Cafe, Ohana, Grand Floridian Cafe or Kouzzina?

I think it all depends on what kind of dining experience you are looking for too.

DisneyDebNJ

There are so many great choices within Disney resorts, Narcoosee's at Grand Floridian, Ohana, at the Poly (one of our favs) California Grill at the Contemporary, Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge, on the Boardwalk, ESPN, then you have several options in Downtown Disney

Sunshineglow68

We Love O'hana at the Polynesian Resort. I would make reservations though ASAP. We are going in September and I booked a month ago and tried to get reservations for one of the 3 nights we are going to be there and they were already booked.

bethymouse

Decide quickly!

Well, here is my list:
'Ohana
Kona Cafe
1900 Park Fare or any GF restaurant
Chef Mickey's or any Cont restaurant
Any EPCoT world showcase restaurant
Tony's Town Square
Crystal Palace
Good luck!:)

crispy

My first recommendation would be Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. The food has alwyas been excellent. Other resort restaurants we've enjoyed are Cape May Cafe, Whispering Canyon, Boma, 1900 Park Faire (character meal), Chef Mickey's (character meal), and Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Others that I would like to try that seem to get good reviews are T-Rex and Boatwrights.

We've done alot of these on the lists however this year we will be trying Paradiso 37 for our wedding anniversary. Never been before but it looks really nice.

DisneyDebNJ

We Love O'hana at the Polynesian Resort. I would make reservations though ASAP. We are going in September and I booked a month ago and tried to get reservations for one of the 3 nights we are going to be there and they were already booked.

Ohanas has always been the first dinner we eat during our vacation. The food is plentiful, veryy good, and ensures we have a terrific night's sleep, helping us take the World by storm the next day

DizneyPryncess

My top 3 out of the parks~

'Ohana
Kona Cafe
California Grill

I like KC the best, because of it's casualness, and the style of food. DH loves 'Ohana, because he likes the all you can eat & he's a big meat eater. Cali Grill is beautiful & delicious, but just a special occasion place for us. :)

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

California Grill is great! We also love GF Cafe and 1900 Park. If you want a character experience (and i'm assuming you have already done this) but Chef's Mickey is good. I've been told Kona Cafe for Breakfast is amazing (Tonga Toast and coffee!). Ohana's great! And you can try some place on the Boardwalk. Happy Planning!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom