Need DLR Planning Help

Kingdom WDW

Original Poster
Scenario- Early summer, two day spread out for touring.

No Toontown, possibly no DCA.

We're going to have two days to spend in DLR, so that we don't try to cram it all into one day. Darthjohnny has already provided some help. (Thanks, Darth!)

Thanks in advance,
~Kingdom

Rufus T Firefly

Arrive early. As soon as the gates open if possible. A lot can be accomplished during the morning before the crowds show up in the early afternoon.

lilclerk

I went by myself for 2.5 days last June and did everything I wanted (except see the night shows because I stupidly went during the week when they weren't showing them.)
I spent 1.5 days in DL and .5 days in DCA (spent about two hours in DL after arriving at the hotel, but only had some lunch on Main St and watched PoD before realizing I was exhausted and needed to go to bed.)

I'll add in that even though it seemed extremely busy and wait times weren't short, I still took it slow as I was by myself and I have a bad knee. I spent lots of time people watching and still hit just about everything that was open. This was about a week before the Subs opened though, so I'm not sure how long their wait times are now.

I missed Pinocchio, Mr Toad (it wasn't open) the railroad, Dumbo (didn't even try for this though) Innoventions and the Mad Tea Party because I didn't want to ride that one alone.
Toontown has Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, which is great, don't miss it. It's got FP if you'd like. I'm not into meeting characters, but Toontown in DL is so much cuter than Mickey's Toontown Fair, IMO.

I couldn't get enough of Pirates there and rode it several times.

If you like thrill rides, I'll suggest you walk over to DCA for at least Cali Screamin. It's pretty darn fun. And if you like Soarin, the line isn't anywhere NEAR what it is in Epcot. I walked on mid-day. They also have the Monster's Inc. dark ride, which is very fun.

IROC it

Wife and I did everything... almost literally, in DL's MK and DCA... including ToonTown in two days last July...

However, this past March with our two kids, it took us 4.5 days to do as much...

So it just depends on how fast you walk from the gates, and how frugal you are with time and punctual to get your next fast passes...

We knocked out 20 attractions inside both parks on the first day... hitting all the DL specific, or different attractions first, then had time the second day to finish out what was left and ride some of the classics (JC, POTC, SM, Splash, BTMRR) for seconds and/or thirds...

You should be fine so long as you get there early or at least at opening.

BTW- in July, most SoCal season passers are blocked out from pass use, so it was less crowded than it was in Spring.

Here's my thread (with updates) from our couple trip... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2410237&postcount=11

And here's the trip with kids... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2902143&postcount=5

darthjohnny

I think you should try to Fast Pass Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin in Toontown.

And for something different, you should probably consider checking out the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island and watch the Jack Sparrow stunt show.

Nicole220

^ Adding on to that...Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin's fastpass system isn't on the same system as all the others in DL. So you can have a fastpass for that and Space at the same time. The same goes for Grizzly in DCA.

And the pirate stunt show is no longer on TSI/Pirates Lair.

tdonald

Instead of listing all the great things at Disneyland, I'm going to list all the things to skip (just at DL, not DCA):

Astro Orbiter
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (it's exactly the same as WDW's)
Innoventions (not that bad, but not worth the time)
Star Tours (again, just because it's identical to WDW's)
If you have to cut out a Fantasyland dark ride, don't do Snow White, just because it's the most similar to WDW, though as I recall it has better theming.
Do Sailing Ship Columbia (it's REALLY cool) if you can instead of the Riverboat.
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes, because you actually HAVE to paddle, and it's not that cool.
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, though it is different than WDW's, IMO it's not as good, but then again it could just be that I don't like Winnie the Pooh.
Walk around Toontown (it's MUCH bigger than WDW's) if you can and do Roger Rabbit (if the line's short), but the rest of Toontown is skipable.
That just my opinion, but I hope it helps! Have a great trip!

nemofinder22

I think it was only a temp thing. I hope another one comes back though it was nice to have something on the stage during the day though the Indy show is now going. I think the pirate band is still out though.

If anything dont miss DL only rides like Indy and such. If you plan on wwatching the fireworks which I highly recommend and dont feel like battleing all the crowds at the Hub head to Small World mall or the ROA(careful though since the 9pm show ends 2-3 mins before the fireworks start)

primetime52

I'm sure you will appreciate the charm and great theming of New Orleans Square. Liberty Square in MK can't compete to NOS by any stretch of the imagination.

Instead of skipping Toontown all together, why not just take a quick walk through it and decide for yourself if it's worth spending some time? That's what I did on my visit, and even though I ended up pretty much just walking in and out within 10 minutes, I'm glad that I at least gave it a chance. We wanted to ride Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin but it happened to be broken down at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom