Need advice on which resort to stay at

I meant to add that otherwise, I really like CBR. The cast there always seems really nice, it just has a nice vibe, and you can also take advantage of the dining choices at the Riviera. But I’ve enjoyed all three places.

MickeyLuv'r

Since they are all acceptable choices, if you're having a tough time deciding, I suggest asking your son which one he likes best. Kids have a great way of seeing the world through their own eyes, and what they value. It is possible he'll have misgivings about riding high up off the ground in the Skyliner, or the Skyliner might be his favorite part of the vacation.

I thought the Mermaid rooms at AoA were some of the most fun theming anywhere on property, even the whole area outside the rooms, but he might not be all that into LM, or maybe he is!

At CB, the pool kinda has a pirate vibe, so that might appeal to him. I like the CB pool has a slide, but he might like the splash area of the value resorts. If he gets overstimulated, then quiet pools might be a better pick. The main pools at all WDW resorts are loud while the CM's are doing pool games.

He might really like Nemo, LK, or any of the themes/decor of Pop.

Menus change over time, and much could change between now and when you plan to go, but menu options that appeal to your family would be another consideration. At the values, if you want to eat at a table service, you have to go some place other than your hotel, which takes time. At CB, you get a table service, but CB puts you fairly close to Riviera.

lightguy

We stayed at CB when two of our kids were little. I wasn't sure I loved it at first, but it really grew on me. As others have said, the pool is great. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

One thing to remember, the Skyliner is actually 3 separate gondolas that all meet up at a central station at....Caribbean Beach. So if you stay there, you only need to take one skyliner ride to either Epcot or Disney Studios. If you stay at the others you have to take a Skyliner from there over to the main station at CB, get off and then get on one of the other Skyliners to either Epcot or the Studios. The Skyliners are fast and pretty high capacity, so it's not that big of a deal, but it will add a little time each way vs staying at CB. We were just there and used the Skyliner a lot. We were at one of the Epcot resorts and could take a boat to the Studios, so we avoided the Skyliner at park open just because we had heard about issues with lines at park open and had another easy option. But we used it a various times through out the day and night and never really had to wait more than 3-5 min. I suspect the wait at park open is no worse then the wait for a bus at your resort in the morning, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom