NBA G League Hotel Takeover?

HairyChest

Original Poster
It has been announced that the NBA G league will be in the Disney Bubble at the ESPN WWOS. I was just wondering if anyone has information about what hotel(s) they will be staying in so we can know how our trips will be affected?
when the NBA was in the world last year, I was not happy with the limitations they had placed in the Grand Floridian, Yacht Club and Coronado.

jinx8402

It has been announced that the NBA G league will be in the Disney Bubble at the ESPN WWOS. I was just wondering if anyone has information about what hotel(s) they will be staying in so we can know how our trips will be affected?
when the NBA was in the world last year, I was not happy with the limitations they had placed in the Grand Floridian, Yacht Club and Coronado.

My guess, is they only need to use Coronado, if they are staying on site again. Since this is the G-League (minor leagues), there likely won't be nearly as many coaches, assistants, front office, pr, and national media members that are required to be housed in the bubble.

dreday3

My guess, is they only need to use Coronado, if they are staying on site again. Since this is the G-League (minor leagues), there likely won't be nearly as many coaches, assistants, front office, pr, and national media members that are required to be housed in the bubble.

I don't think so.

If staying on-site, most likely use one of the closed hotels.

dreday3

I’m under the impression that the closed hotels aren’t considered to be of high enough caliber, so a hotel or two will be taken offline.

Not doubting you, but unfortunate if that's the case.
What does that tell the actual guests that are booked? You and your money don't mean much to us, so rather than put up the d-list NBA players in perfectly acceptable hotels that are already closed, we're going to bump you and place you elsewhere. Enjoy the magic! ;)

Magic Feather

Unfortunate if that's the case. What does that tell the actual guests that are booked? You and your money don't mean much to us, so rather than put up the d-list NBA players in perfectly acceptable hotels that are already closed, we're going to bump you and place you elsewhere. Enjoy the magic! ;)
They will upgrade you 110%. If Coronado people get bumped? Enjoy an upgrade to the deluxe hotel that has lower occupancy or CBR: A Moderate with Skyliner Access. Staying in Yacht Club? Enjoy Boardwalk Villas or Beach Club Villas, and so on.

peter11435

What does that tell the actual guests that are booked? You and your money don't mean much to us, so rather than put up the d-list NBA players in perfectly acceptable hotels that are already closed, we're going to bump you and place you elsewhere. Enjoy the magic! ;)
I don’t see them bringing back cast to bring another resort up to operation for NBA when there are plenty of resorts already open and operating under capacity.

UNCgolf

They will upgrade you 110%. If Coronado people get bumped? Enjoy an upgrade to the deluxe hotel that has lower occupancy or CBR: A Moderate with Skyliner Access. Staying in Yacht Club? Enjoy Boardwalk Villas or Beach Club Villas, and so on.

That can get tricky. To me moving from Coronado to CBR would be a downgrade, because CBR almost requires you to use the Skyliner and I vastly prefer the buses. I would not want to have to rely on the Skyliner for transportation.

Not really an issue in the other scenario you mentioned, though.

wdwfan22

If you are nice but firm you can end up with a major upgrade at no extra cost if they have to move you. I would not however except a move to Caribbean beach from Coronado. That’s a major downgrade.

Buck Wheelie

If you are nice but firm you can end up with a major upgrade at no extra cost if they have to move you. I would not however except a move to Caribbean beach from Coronado. That’s a major downgrade.
I agree. If I was "bumped" from CSR I would want to be moved to a deluxe resort. Also, since this is the NBA minor league they may not require the fancy accommodations that the NBA teams did.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Some talk of guests being moved out the Contemporary.
I wonder how long this lasts. I assume at least until May 1. If they do take out CR and Poly is still closed until July that means 2 of 3 monorail resorts out of service for Feb/Mar/Apr at least. I assume that means no resort monorail line unless they run it just for GF and DVC which seems unlikely. Probably just buses and some boats. At least they have the walking path now to GF. If this happens it’s further proof that Disney has thrown in the towel on any hope of a Spring Break surge in bookings. Not a great development for BLT guests. They will need to address food options there if CR is down. Maybe they do keep monorail running to let guests head to GF for food. Not a great option, but better than nothing. Of course you need to go into CR to get to the monorail so that doesn‘t work well either.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
That could be problematic for Bay Lake guests, who’d be left with no dining, no store for groceries etc and no monorail if Contemporary is used as an NBA bubble.
Outer building. Just like at the GF the main building was still open, but the outer ones were walled off.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Seems like NBA proper might need to check in again.

via @ScottGustin on twitter

Sixers playing with 9 guys.
Cheaper to just get overpaid millionaire players the COVID shots ahead of everyone else. Maybe deem them essential or some garbage.
I wouldn‘t be opposed to that. It’s a few thousand shots X2 that would be used but a big time PR move if they Have guys do it publicly. The only issue might be how many guys don’t want it. They can’t force them to get it.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Sixers playing with 9 guys.

I wouldn‘t be opposed to that. It’s a few thousand shots X2 that would be used but a big time PR move if they Have guys do it publicly. The only issue might be how many guys don’t want it. They can’t force them to get it.
I’ll let Grandma in the nursing home know that the privileged millionaire NBA player took her shot so he could take his shots at the hoop. Not the best of optics.

nickys

Premium Member
Outer building. Just like at the GF the main building was still open, but the outer ones were walled off.
The monorail station is inside the Contemporary, so is the store and all dining. 😉

I guess they could keep the 4th floor open and partition off access to the elevators and escalators. Or use the Garden Wing for the NBA, is that what you meant? Can the conference centre be accessed from outside?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’ll let Grandma in the nursing home know that the privileged millionaire NBA player took her shot so he could take his shots at the hoop. Not the best of optics.
Grandma already had to see privileged millionaire politicians, many of whom spent 9 months down playing the severity of Covid, get their vaccine ahead of her. The rollout to nursing homes and medical professionals should be done by the end of January either way. The optics of getting a few celebrities vaccinated publicly actually has a pretty large value to the country since we need to reach a high percentage of people vaccinated. Especially when some of the demographic groups that seem most hesitant or skeptical of the vaccine are likely to be more influenced by seeing a basketball player get the shot and then continue to perform at a high level on the court then seeing an old white guy who happens to be an elected official that they don’t relate to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom