NBA Experience - What could have been Imagineered instead

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
So the initial photos and videos of the NBA Experience seem quite underwhelming.

I feel like this could be imagineered to be a lot better, so decided to throw out some ideas on what they could have done.

"Impossible Shot" - a large basketball shooting game where you have to bounce the ball off different surfaces before landing it in the basket.

"Jump and Fly" - a single-rider suspended vehicle that lets you jump and soar toward the basket like the best NBA stars, dunk like your favorite player or whatever.

"The Full Court Experience" - Take the projections they're using of the audience, but make it a full size court, with much higher quality projections or multi-layered approach and offer various games to make you feel like you're playing a real NBA game

"Jersey Jam " - Use a 3D scanner to take images of you and create your own jersey or 3D printed version of you with the jersey on, have it made for you and sent to your hotel room or picked up a few hours later.

"Virtual Shoot-around" - See how your shots stack up to real NBA players by seeing full 3D versions of their shots in VR, then try it yourself. Check their stance, their ball movement, etc.

MickeyMouse10

I'm an NBA fan and I still don't want to go to this place. It seems like a waste of space in Disney Springs. There is so much more that they could have done with it.

I'd rather have either

- Disney Quest 2.0
- VR rides and experiences
- an ESPN, all sports experience
or last, but certainly not least
- An indoor Miniature Golf

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

Yeah, as an NBA fan this mightve enticed me to visit Disney springs. Seeing walk throughs, not so much. There's a few things that are probably OK and should stay, but some of it just boggles my mind they think kids would even appreciate it. Why in the heck slingshot is there.

3 point shootout - this would mimic the shootout from all-star weekend where you have 1 minute to make the path around the arc, and you'd compete against a replayed version of a real 3 pt shootout contestant. Craig Hodges, Mark Price, Curry, reggie miller, etc. Crowd and your competitor would be played on video boards surrounding the court

Dunk - this should have been a green screen room so they could video your walk up and dunk and superimpose it in to real life dunk contest setting

Skills challenge - sensing a theme here? This should have been a no brainer to mimic the skills challenge with passing targets, etc.

NBA 2k - this should have been it's own room with huge screens, 5 player capability and frequent online play against players from the NBA2K teams which would help market their league.

Legends court - a madame tussauds type set up with figures of various legends (bird, wilt, magic, jordan, russell, etc) with a history of their jerseys, shoes, etc.

Slingshot should have simply been tons of pop shots. How freaking hard would that have been?

Horse - I like your impossible shot idea, but would turn that into horse. You always have to make the pro''s shot. They could use the floor projections for the standard shots, and then projections/sensors for trickier shots off top of backboard, walll, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom