NBA Experience at Disney Springs

worldfanatic

I'm a huge sports & NBA fan.
But honestly, this place looks utterly pathetic. I can't imagine shelling out $30+ for this. Heck, I wouldn't shell out $15 for this.
And back in my "target market" days (when I was much younger), I seriously doubt this would have excited me in any way.
I tend to support Disney's decisions, even when so many others don't.
But this looks like a pretty bad one.
Disneyquest needed replacing, or at least a major refurb, but The NBA Experience isn't the answer.

This place is gonna bomb HARD!!

But I'll still hit the gift shop & City Works Pour House when it opens.🙂

Bocabear

They always need restaurants at Disney Springs... it could morph into the NBA Cafe...I would be more willing to shell out $35.00 for that...lol

eddie104

Never seen so many people wanting a place to fail just because they don’t like it. It’s obviously not going to appeal to everyone especially not the bunch on here.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Never seen so many people wanting a place to fail just because they don’t like it. It’s obviously not going to appeal to everyone especially not the bunch on here.

So I am curious, how exactly do you think message boards should work? Should people only post if they think something is wonderful, and keep it to themselves if they don't think it's any good? You can judge something objectively even if it doesn't interest you. I think Tower of Terror is a great ride even through I have never, and will never ride it. Based on what we have seen of this, it doesn't look that well executed.

jt04

I am hoping for success, just so Disney doesn't sour on the idea of interactive sports attractions. Would love to see the WWoS get a huge area for this. Picture the NFL Pro Bowl Weekend on steroids. Run the 40, Home Run Derby, Soccer Trick Shots, etc. etc. etc.

Not for me but I can see this and your ideas having a strong appeal. Not just for visitors but also locals.

eddie104

So I am curious, how exactly do you think message boards should work? Should people only post if they think something is wonderful, and keep it to themselves if they don't think it's any good? You can judge something objectively even if it doesn't interest you. I think Tower of Terror is a great ride even through I have never, and will never ride it. Based on what we have seen of this, it doesn't look that well executed.
It just seems like people are taking a very narrow minded approach to judging it. Instead of looking whether or not Disney may be trying to appeal to a younger demographic.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am hoping for success, just so Disney doesn't sour on the idea of interactive sports attractions. Would love to see the WWoS get a huge area for this. Picture the NFL Pro Bowl Weekend on steroids. Run the 40, Home Run Derby, Soccer Trick Shots, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, I think a similar concept that combined multiple sports would have been a better way to go, but of course that wasn't likely to happen when it's sponsored by the NBA.

worldfanatic

I'm all for changes and new things around WDW. And I defended this project when it was 1st announced.
But the execution.........Wow.
It just looks so lame.
I can't imagine it being anywhere near profitable 2-3 years from now.
And I frickin' love the NBA.

jt04

I'm all for changes and new things around WDW. And I defended this project when it was 1st announced.
But the execution.........Wow.
It just looks so lame.
I can't imagine it being anywhere near profitable 2-3 years from now.
And I frickin' love the NBA.

People said the same about Disney Springs.

Jon81uk

They always need restaurants at Disney Springs... it could morph into the NBA Cafe...I would be more willing to shell out $35.00 for that...lol

I think they are actually about full on restaurants, given the number of special menus and happy hours that get announced I don't think much more capacity is needed, but maybe some of the places available aren't what people want.

Personally I still think they need more entertainment options, maybe another show venue or something to do that isn't eating or shopping (yes I know there already is bowling and movies).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think they are actually about full on restaurants, given the number of special menus and happy hours that get announced I don't think much more capacity is needed, but maybe some of the places available aren't what people want.

Personally I still think they need more entertainment options, maybe another show venue or something to do that isn't eating or shopping (yes I know there already is bowling and movies).
The offers and specials are trying to foll out the quiet lunch periods. They are still largely at capacity in the evenings.

Bocabear

I am actually surprised that Disney has not done a Dinner Theater type experience in Florida... They have a couple in DLP Resort... Disney Springs could have used a Hyperion Theater and had a house run of the Complete B&TB Broadway Musical...Or the Broadway Aladdin... Little Mermaid...A big Disney Theatrical theater. I would rather spend my $ on something like that than NBA...though I will freely admit that I am not the target audience for this...

jt04

I am actually surprised that Disney has not done a Dinner Theater type experience in Florida... They have a couple in DLP Resort... Disney Springs could have used a Hyperion Theater and had a house run of the Complete B&TB Broadway Musical...Or the Broadway Aladdin... Little Mermaid...A big Disney Theatrical theater. I would rather spend my $ on something like that than NBA...though I will freely admit that I am not the target audience for this...

I have to speculate that Cirque may have something in their contract that gives them exclusivity on large venue entertainment on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom