NBA Experience at Disney Springs

flynnibus

Premium Member
So many reviews. When did it open?

When someone tells you they are going to open an experience that you've pretty much already experienced at other events... and you mix in the preview reviews... It's not a stretch.

It walks like a duck.. it quacks like a duck...

Anyone remember ESPN weekends at MGM Studios?? Well now we get a 2019 version of it... and you get to pay extra for it.

Saskdw

For a family of 4 it's close to $150. Also known as POCKETCHANGE!!

When my Disney vacations cost $10k-$12k. Yes that is pocket change.

$34 does not seem overpriced for an experience of this nature in the Orlando Tourist area.

It's $25 to ride the Orlando Eye. It's $25 to walk through Madam Tussauds. $14 to play mini golf.

Jeff456

I don't know the first thing about the NBA but it doesn't look every exciting even if you are a fan. Disney quest used to be part of UK ultimate tickets, I wouldn't go to this even if it was included I don't think!

RobWDW1971

And let's face it, most people would never spend a day at the NBA Experience...it is an hour-2 hour experience... Too many other things to do..Unless you are not doing the parks and it is raining...

Ah yes, the Disney Quest business model. You have to add "And already included on your Hopper Ticket".

RobWDW1971

When someone tells you they are going to open an experience that you've pretty much already experienced at other events... and you mix in the preview reviews... It's not a stretch.

It walks like a duck.. it quacks like a duck...

Hey, hey, this is NOT a thread about Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opening in DHS!

flynnibus

Premium Member
So it's Disney employees? Why are they wearing Disney nametags?

Where is all the value from being from the ACTUAL NBA as a licensed experience instead of just some random basketball camp?

Oh, I guess they probably didn't get the player's union involved :)

peter11435

So it's Disney employees? Why are they wearing Disney nametags?

Where is all the value from being from the ACTUAL NBA as a licensed experience instead of just some random basketball camp?

Oh, I guess they probably didn't get the player's union involved :)
I believe they are Disney employees.

Disney nametags are not really an indication if someone is a Disney employee vs third party. It depends on the individual location and contract terms.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I believe they are Disney employees.

Disney nametags are not really an indication if someone is a Disney employee vs third party. It depends on the individual location and contract terms.

I know often they can be contractors, etc... but maybe I should have said... it looks more like a Disney attraction than say... just a 3rd party tenant you know?

Did Disney subsidize the rebuild?

And do they really have no player stuff? Not even Hall of Fame type stuff?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know often they can be contractors, etc... but maybe I should have said... it looks more like a Disney attraction than say... just a 3rd party tenant you know?

Did Disney subsidize the rebuild?

And do they really have no player stuff? Not even Hall of Fame type stuff?

Who knows. This is just B-roll for the activities. Look to the bloggers for everything that may be there (or not).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I take back everything positive I said before this....wow it looks cheap. A few TV's, some hoops and some low quality projectors and sensors.

I really expected they'd put some decent work and budget into this, but maybe it all went to the building demo and replacement.

This is pretty far fetched, but a commercial like this always made me think of possible sports attractions:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom