NBA Experience at Disney Springs

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
So I was there last month to finally see it in person and I thought it was great. The layout is much better. The fixtures and textures are just the right amount without overwhelming the merchandise (which now really pops). I liked the use of technology. Very happy with the end result. My opinion, of course. :)
And you’re certainly entitled to you’re opinion :)

Bocabear

I though it looked like a warehouse...like they stripped all the "Special" out of the shopping experience and made it simpler for sure, but also plainer and more like any modern store usa... It was not horrible... It just lacks visual excitement, beauty and that special Disney Magic....
now it is more like buying your souvenirs at Walmart.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It's rare that I ever see people WANT something to fail so badly before it even opens (ok, maybe the American Idol experience is one). Is it just because it replaced the dying DisneyQuest?

Agreed that some people are just going to want to see it fail just because THEY aren't interested in it. Guess what, I'm not interested in Cirque Du Soleil AT ALL, but I don't go on bashing it for being there.

Disstevefan1

It's rare that I ever see people WANT something to fail so badly before it even opens (ok, maybe the American Idol experience is one). Is it just because it replaced the dying DisneyQuest?

Agreed that some people are just going to want to see it fail just because THEY aren't interested in it. Guess what, I'm not interested in Cirque Du Soleil AT ALL, but I don't go on bashing it for being there.

To be clear, I do not WANT this to fail, I just THINK its going to FAIL. Hopefully for all the NBA fans who want to shell out the bucks to do this it will be fun and will not go out of business before they get to try it.

Not to worry, Disney as the landlord always wins. Even IF this fails, there is another tenant ready to rebuild and move into the space.

PS. I did not think the American Idol experience was that bad, it was an indoor, seated, air conditioned attraction :)

LSLS

I honestly am not sure it's going to do well. But the idea of wanting it to fail I think stems in part from people feeling like the space is wasted and wanting something they are more excited for.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think some people get the impression that Disney had a lot of various possible ideas and went with the NBA, instead of the NBA being the ones who wanted to push for and build this. It's not like Disney can't build anywhere else in Disney Springs

Disstevefan1

I think some people get the impression that Disney had a lot of various possible ideas and went with the NBA, instead of the NBA being the ones who wanted to push for and build this. It's not like Disney can't build anywhere else in Disney Springs

Disney loves to be the landlord of Disney Springs. I agree the NBA went to Disney asking to be a tenant. I am sure the tenant pays the construction costs. I would not be surprised if the tenant pays some sort of rent even during the construction, so the tenant can complete construction as soon as possible so that the unsightly construction completes as soon as possible.

And as I said in previous posts, even if this fails, there will be another tenant willing to rebuild, move in and pay rent. Disney always wins.

seascape

Disney loves to be the landlord of Disney Springs. I agree the NBA went to Disney asking to be a tenant. I am sure the tenant pays the construction costs. I would not be surprised if the tenant pays some sort of rent even during the construction, so the tenant can complete construction as soon as possible so that the unsightly construction completes as soon as possible.

And as I said in previous posts, even if this fails, there will be another tenant willing to rebuild, move in and pay rent. Disney always wins.
The construction cost was the big holdup on this site. The NBA wanted Disney to pay and Disney didn't want to pay. I would think the solution was crediting the rent something each month until the construction costs are paid for. However, only the NBA and Disney know what the actual deal is.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

Chris, you’re not new here.
Don’t you know that the only course of action for something that doesn’t appeal to YOU is to bash it ad nauseam, and badger and mock everyone who disagrees with you?

Sadly, it is not enough to say “Sorry, not my cup of tea” and just move on. Case in point - the Coronado Springs Tower thread. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom