NBA Experience at Disney Springs

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I guess there is no stopping this atrocity.

I'm an NBA fan and don't want this place in Disney Springs. It's wasted, so much could have been done with this space. It would have been cooler if it was a VR building, like Void, but on a grander scale.

It is not like there is not additional space available to expand Disney Springs if they want to build additional buildings.

Kman101

No, you're assuming I'm assuming that. I'm not assuming that at all.

I am discounting the international visitors since the bulk of attendeed are U.S. residents. Also, there are international basketball fans, too.

The point is, on average, there are enough people for whom basketball is their favorite sport to number in the thousands.

And that's not even counting those for whom basketball is their second or third favorite sport, and thus, would also likely to interested in TNE.

IOW, people who thing there'd be no interest are way off.

It's not about "no interest"

It's wondering how long this is sustainable. It didn't work at City Walk. Why would it work here?

I'd say the same about the NFL Experience, the NHL Experience or the Soccer Experience ...

Time will tell :)

lazyboy97o

It's not about "no interest"

It's wondering how long this is sustainable. It didn't work at City Walk. Why would it work here?

I'd say the same about the NFL Experience, the NHL Experience or the Soccer Experience ...

Time will tell :)
Building on the comments that this is not the same as NBA City, that venue was not closed by the NBA. Universal terminated the lease early to create space for a Universal owned and operated venue.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
a dave and busters wouldve been better

Why not both. Here is what I don't understand. There is a large parking lot and bus area that could be used to build an addition to Disney Springs. If the NBA wants to build an attraction on mostly there dollar, let them. If Dave and Buster's wants to pay for and build one let them. The fit will survive.

DisneyOutsider

a dave and busters wouldve been better
No, thanks. Dave and Busters gives me the creeps. I just feel the need to douse myself in chlorine the second I enter the place, and don't get me started on the food service.

I'm glad that something new and creative is going into this space. I hope it works.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, April 30, 2019. The installation of the electronic message / video screens above the main entrance is nearing completion.

IMG_1282.JPG

IMG_1283.JPG

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Tickets are now on sale for The NBA Experience at Disney Springs. Tickets are $34 + tax for adults and $29 + tax for children ages 3-9. You can purchase tickets on Disney’s website:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/nba-experience/

My thoughts: I'm expecting we'll see discounts on this soon enough. I don't know if that's a good price point. Or we'll see it as a ticket option the way DisneyQuest used to be.

So yes, I think this will be good, I don't think they'll get the attendance they want for that price.

DisneyNorthFan

What's the chance of this being a "plus" option under the Park Hopper Plus ticket? Any idea when/if that would be offered? It has not yet been added to the list of places tickets can be used on the Park ticket webpage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom