NBA Experience at Disney Springs

Jambo Joe

Maybe they should bring in references to SpaceJam.

Iger will have to buy looney tunes.🙂

*crickets chirping*

giphy.gif

ChrisFL

Premium Member
That's 100% not the tact I am taking. The NBA is wildly popular. I just hate this use of space. It's ugly, and it sounds like a one and done type experience on the inside.

I'm not sure it's ugly...at least it shows on the outside what it has on the inside, unlike DisneyQuest which for the most part was a barren box, and they eventually added a super crappy TV screen on the outside

ppete1975

I think this sounds great!!! But I think the placement is wrong. (Man I feel like ive said that before......oh yeah epcot).. anyhoo..
I don't think it will be as successful as it could be. This isn't something that you will do in 30 minutes like the void, or even bowling. This honestly is going to be a several hour thing. Which is why I say its a bad placement. HEY kids you want to go to the NBA thing.. or a Disney park... or universal.. or gator world... or sea world... or busch gardens... or silver springs.. or the water park... or lego land... or.....
There is just too much BETTER competition.. and I say that as a sports fan, that's the same reason that as a tourist id never go see a movie while I'm at Disney springs (I'm sure the majority of moviegoers is local, but will you see them flock to this? BUT.. you build this in an NBA town with less competition I think this could be gold.. especially if its walking distance from an nba stadium.
Personally id spend my time in a theme park or the beach instead of this.
But if my competition is dave and busters.. I'm doing this.

DisneyOutsider

All that means is there are many idiots who listen to her warbling dreck.

I mean... we all have different taste and I honestly don't care if you like her music or not, but you sound pretty salty considering she's one of the most successful recording artists of our time by any metric.

Homegirl had a hell of a run and a fantastic voice in her prime.

Jambo Joe

I mean... we all have different taste and I honestly don't care if you like her music or not, but you sound pretty salty considering she's one of the most successful recording artists of our time by any metric.

Homegirl had a hell of a run and a fantastic voice in her prime.
‘Homegirl’? Oy

Casper Gutman

For all those who said the new Disney Springs was going to fail and that all the stores and restaurants were going to go out of business within a few months....

You can hold off your prognostications concerning the NBA Experience.

:p
How about those of us who said it was going to be a bland, pedestrian “lifestyle center” of the type found in most trendy cities with very very little Disney difference? Seems like our prognosticating powers are pretty good.

I have no interest in the NBA, but I love MLB and the NFL. Something like this, but with similar activities themed to baseball or football... would not interest me. I’m a fan because I like to watch live games, not because I want to throw a football. I think the audience for this may even be significantly narrower then NBA fans.

LSLS

Honestly this sounds like it would be a great thing to go with the basketball hall of fame. I feel like a lot of this stuff I saw at the hockey hall of fame, and it looked cool for the kids. It may do well, but I know me personally, I can not stand basketball, and I have no desire to even go see what it's like barring the restaurant acting more like a general sports bar with good food and decently priced beer (which I still think Disney really needs, a really good sports bar).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How about those of us who said it was going to be a bland, pedestrian “lifestyle center” of the type found in most trendy cities with very very little Disney difference? Seems like our prognosticating powers are pretty good.

Oh, was someone predicting the NBA Experience was going to be, in their opinion, bland?

DisneyNorthFan

I guess I'm in the minority. I think these activities sound fun - for my kids, and for my wife and I to do with them. However, I don't know as though we'd pay a very high admission to do it ... I see it as more of a "do a couple of activities" after or before eating and then move along. Hopefully it's priced ad-hoc or reasonably to reflect this usage strategy. The "experience" is actually a lot more elaborate than I anticipated. My original impression was that you'd eat here and do a couple of things while you waited for your table or the kids could have some active time while the parents finished a more leisurely meal.

Disney Dad 3000

I for one am looking forward to this, but then I like basketball and the nba. Will it appeal to everyone? Of course not, but how many things at wdw can we honestly say every one loves? Imagine we each have some attraction or experience we love or hate that many on here would flip out if we admitted it.
I avoid disney springs like the plague. While we've been down many times since the updates to the appearance have not set foot there. We might, maybe go there every few years when la nouba was going, for a restaurant change up , etc. This will actually entice me to head overy at least once when it opens. Will be interested to see how in depth they can get with the experiences and what the waits are like.

Kman101

It just makes more sense to have a generalized sports bar, IMO. NBA is limiting the experience. I like basketball but I'm not an uber fan. I'd likely check it out once and never again. You'd think they'd want a sports zone that appeals to everyone. But it's NBA simply because that's who's basically sponsoring it, so to speak. If it didn't "work" in Universal, why would it work here? It seems a little short-sighted. I like the idea of City Works and I like the look of the building but it still feels limited. Hence why they likely added the "pour house" (can't we just call it a bar anymore?) on the end .... Universal was smart to go with the NBC sports bar idea. Disney should have done a similar ESPN one. I know the ESPN restaurant thing is basically dead but do something new ...

Of course the experiences inside will be fun. Why wouldn't they be? LOL

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It just makes more sense to have a generalized sports bar, IMO. NBA is limiting the experience. I like basketball but I'm not an uber fan. I'd likely check it out once and never again. You'd think they'd want a sports zone that appeals to everyone. But it's NBA simply because that's who's basically sponsoring it, so to speak. If it didn't "work" in Universal, why would it work here? It seems a little short-sighted. I like the idea of City Works and I like the look of the building but it still feels limited. Hence why they likely added the "pour house" (can't we just call it a bar anymore?) on the end .... Universal was smart to go with the NBC sports bar idea. Disney should have done a similar ESPN one. I know the ESPN restaurant thing is basically dead but do something new ...

Of course the experiences inside will be fun. Why wouldn't they be? LOL

There's a generalized sports bar taking up residence in their building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom