NBA Experience at Disney Springs

Ripken10

You seem a little confused and don't understand my point.

Pro and college sports is a very corrupt and dirty business that involves many unlikable people. Yet, it's more popular and profitable than ever.

So if you think for one second that fake outrage over anthem kneeling or China human rights comments will have any impact over their bottom line, you're fooling yourself
You might want to check your facts. Fact - the NFL has not been as profitable since the kneeling incident. Not saying it is not still profitable, but changes have occurred to their bottomline. There is a breaking point for any sports fan, and it seems a percentage that was substantial enough to their business. Will the China issues have an effect on the NBA...maybe. Correction, it will, but will it be enough to be noticeable.

Hawkeye_2018

You might want to check your facts. Fact - the NFL has not been as profitable since the kneeling incident. Not saying it is not still profitable, but changes have occurred to their bottomline. There is a breaking point for any sports fan, and it seems a percentage that was substantial enough to their business. Will the China issues have an effect on the NBA...maybe. Correction, it will, but will it be enough to be noticeable.
You got proof of that? TV ratings are at or above their all time records

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/media/nfl-ratings-analysis/index.html

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You seem a little confused and don't understand my point.

Pro and college sports is a very corrupt and dirty business that involves many unlikable people. Yet, it's more popular and profitable than ever.

So if you think for one second that fake outrage over anthem kneeling or China human rights comments will have any impact over their bottom line, you're fooling yourself
I think you’re confused. The OP didn’t say anything about anyone but himself.

The Grand Inquisitor

I know I won't be partaking in any NBA experience now that they have sided with China in their suppression of free speech and disregard for democracy. One can only hope that the NBA goes bankrupt.

Hawkeye_2018

The article you posted even said it is NOT at an all time high. It is down 1% from 3 years ago. It is rebounding, but it has had a sticky 3 years.
Correct. Poor wording on my part. However, the TV numbers are very good and the fact they are seeing increases in today's streaming/cord cutting world is incredibly impressive. Which again goes to my point that sports are so much bigger than the cancel/PC/fake outrage culture that some people try and make a story of.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Correct. Poor wording on my part. However, the TV numbers are very good and the fact they are seeing increases in today's streaming/cord cutting world is incredibly impressive. Which again goes to my point that sports are so much bigger than the cancel/PC/fake outrage culture that some people try and make a story of.
Again. The OP was only speaking for themselves.

Hawkeye_2018

Why would Disney care how attendance is? They still get paid rent regardless.

I'm almost certain this 'experience' was never meant to make money. It's a basically an interactive billboard for their product, which they can easily afford. It's in a great area where they can hold special events that will highly attended because of the surrounding area.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I'm almost certain this 'experience' was never meant to make money. It's a basically an interactive billboard for their product, which they can easily afford. It's in a great area where they can hold special events that will highly attended because of the surrounding area.

Since Disney is staffing it, it's clear that they are footing at least some of the costs of running it. I doubt Disney want something like to run at a loss.

Lilofan

NBA as of 2015 is 74.4% black players. Perhaps Disney marketing go heavy after the African American population to come experience?

Hawkeye_2018

The average demo of an NBA fan vs Disney vacation goer doesn't really match up. I'm guessing this was at least partially an attempt to capture some of that demo

lazyboy97o

Most venues as Disney Springs pay a percentage of sales to Disney. Better attendance would mean a bigger check.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom