NBA Experience at Disney Springs

jakeman

You do know Universal just announced a NBCSports Grill and Brew with over 100 beer, on site brewery, and a specialty brew only available at that location. They are partnered with The Florida Beer Company.
I'll have to take a look at the beer list. Not a huge fan of Florida Beer Company. They rely on hops a bit too much.

A hundred beers honestly isn't that much. If Disney would just ship a few bottles or kegs of everything they carry across property to one location you would probably be looking at easily trice that.

The concept is sound though and is needed at DTD. It's a market they are ignoring.
The on-site brewery seems to have been nixed. It was not mentioned in the press materials.
If this is the case then I would imagine that it will be a repackaged Florida Beer Company beer (similar to the F&W festival Sam or more recently for me the Nationals Park IPA in DC).

CJR

Seems like it would take up a floor or two of DQ, but I don't see how they could fill up five stories with just NBA stuff. If DQ is what they're looking at, they would be better off expanding it to be ESPN branded and include room for other sports. The NBA is too narrow of a focus for a space that big, IMO.

I'm in the camp that hopes this is "in addition to" DQ.

bhg469

I disagree that Basketball's international reach is limited. Its huge over in Europe.

I completely agree that this is an old, washed up, over the hill, jumped the left shark concept that kinda was "eh" and wasn't a hit at Citywalk and doesn't fit the concept at Disney Springs whatsoever.
It totally fits in with the Disney springs story! And as soon as I figure it out I will share it with you.

jt04

It totally fits in with the Disney springs story! And as soon as I figure it out I will share it with you.

DS is not a 20th century version of MSUSA. It 'exists' in the present day but has elements of early strutures as part of the backstory.

So it works perfectly IMO.

bhg469

DS is not a 20th century version of MSUSA. It 'exists' in the present day but has elements of early strutures as part of the backstory.

I've got you on ignore but I had to reply to this...

It fits perfectly?

You truly believe that don't you?

PhotoDave219

I've got you on ignore but I had to reply to this...

It fits perfectly?

You truly believe that don't you?

I had to hit "Show Ignore Posts" just to see what you were talking about.

Disney Springs is a motherloving mall. If it brings in money, it fits.

And with all the Marketing Potential with "The NBA on ABC" it has the likelyhood of doing better that at CityWalk.

Mike C

James Naismith vacationed in Florida while working at the YMCA there and setup his new basketball game in Disney springs, and it sprung up from the group to represent it later.

The above was completely made up, but I'm sure some interesting non-plausible stories could be made up.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

The only backstory the NBA club provides for Disney Springs are the ones found during the ESPN broadcasts....

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Just more cross pollination between Disney and Uni. to confuse the guests about what's where.

I would go back to find all the Uni sucks they have NBA, the '80s called, they want their sports bar back posts by JT and Jakeman. So I assume they believe this is a brilliant acquisition by The Amazing Bob.

Next Big Thing

It goes along with the way ABC markets the NBA and "the NBA on ABC" that they have.

You want to market the hell out of it? Post your pregame and post game shows from that venue.

NBC/Universal never had a financial incentive to market NBA city. Disney does as ABC/ESPN Broadcast their games.
Agreed, as much as NBA City was pretty average, Uni never seemed to care to fix it either or to market it. Disney will want to market it as it ties in with one of their revenue streams.

Also, we have no idea what the restaurant will be like. Just because the same people ran over to Disney since they were being kicked out of CityWalk doesn't mean Disney will demand they up the menu and overall visual appearance of the place.

HOWEVER, I personally won't understand why Disney is going with a narrow NBA theme when they own ESPN. Bring another version of ESPN Zone into the DQ building. Maybe replace ESPN Club with this if that absolutely had to go for an ESPN place at DTD. But the ESPN brand is a much broader one and would appeal to the masses much more imo than NBA.

jakeman

Just more cross pollination between Disney and Uni. to confuse the guests about what's where.

I would go back to find all the Uni sucks they have NBA, the '80s called, they want their sports bar back posts by JT and Jakeman. So I assume they believe this is a brilliant acquisition by The Amazing Bob.
Go ahead. I'll wait.

It was a bad idea at Uni and it's a bad idea at Disney. Disney should plop an ESPN Zone in the middle of Disney Spring and then just roll around in the cash, because as I said when I quoted you about the SportZone, it's a solid concept that Disney is ignoring.

Look I'm sorry I'm making you work for your Uni paycheck in the TEA thread, but maybe ease up a little, okay?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom