NBA Experience at Disney Springs

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
They really need the space. I would imagine the goal is to open a showroom for something more in line with the target demo Disney is really after... a Gulfstream showroom for instance? Maybe with a design studio to try out the interior options you have in mind?

Why bother? Gulfstream headquarters is just right up the road in Savannah, GA... 1.5 hours by private jet.

Cmdr_Crimson

A WIR barCADE isn't going to happen for the exact same reasons Pleasure Island doesn't exist any more. You can't control what clientele you get in that kind of environment unless you have an admission charge. The admission charge then kills chance to fill the place up.
Yet D&B has an age limit after a certain time and the only time they are charging is your time to pay & play, eat........And Drink..

mightynine

I don't know if it happened today, but all the NBA Experience merch on ShopDisney has been scrubbed. Wonder how much of that stuff will end up at the outlets.

Screenshot 2021-08-16 170129.png

Creathir

Why bother? Gulfstream headquarters is just right up the road in Savannah, GA... 1.5 hours by private jet.
Because, you don’t have to drag the wife to the swamps of GA when you can instead let her take a look between the other window shopping at DS.

That’s the theory at least. They also could look at a Rolex showroom, or perhaps something more down to earth, like a House of Bijan or a Oscar de la Renta.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Because, you don’t have to drag the wife to the swamps of GA when you can instead let her take a look between the other window shopping at DS.

That’s the theory at least. They also could look at a Rolex showroom, or perhaps something more down to earth, like a House of Bijan or a Oscar de la Renta.

Your geographical knowledge is lacking. The "swamps" as you call them are West of Jacksonville FL and St Mary's, GA. I've never run into someone overseas who admitted to going to Orlando, but lots who have vacation properties in the Savannah/Hilton Head area. The strangest meeting I've had was eating at the Jade Garden in Kuwait City, KW and a kind gentleman overheard me discussing the Crab Shack in Tybee Island and stuck up a conversation with my party. He owned a few properties that he used to get his family away from summer to a kinder climate.

Jambo Dad

I can't imagine Disney thinks building Riviera was a bad idea.
They don’t think a lot of these are bad ideas. I have tried to like Riviera but it’s not good. Lacks any real sense of architecture, overlooks a mediocre mid price resort, and couldn’t even be bothered to hide the elevator shafts from the outside. Definitely doesn’t rise to Stargate level though.

Animaniac93-98

"In order to create a more timeless, more family friendly, more Disney experience for our guests, the NBA Experience at Disney Springs will become...a strip club."

- Bob

GimpYancIent

They don’t think a lot of these are bad ideas. I have tried to like Riviera but it’s not good. Lacks any real sense of architecture, overlooks a mediocre mid price resort, and couldn’t even be bothered to hide the elevator shafts from the outside. Definitely doesn’t rise to Stargate level though.
CBR is not mediocre. Stay there, enjoy it and like it. Some folks don't like the spread out feel I do and the ambiance too. The Riviera is just another high rise hotel with a few accent touches. It really brings down the area. If the thought was it would be exciting and have elegance, well, NO it gets a big fail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom