NBA Experience at Disney Springs

MrPromey

DisneyQuest needed to go or be updated. While the NBA isn't my number one sport I would be inclined to check this out. Repeatability is certainly a question. I disagree that this is the wrong place for it. Disney and the NBA have a relationship and Disney Springs is really the perfect place for it. Its not something that would really work well in a major city but a vacation destination where you can pair it with other things and people are already spending money is really not bad at all. I think many on this site are not the target audience for this experience.

As someone who isn't the target audience, I agree.

I miss DIsneyQuest but the last time I was in there, I missed it too - what it used to be and this was well before we'd heard anything aut it closing down. Over the years, it had turned into a glorified all-you-can-play arcade full of machines that were beat to crap (especially the pinball) with a cool bumper cars game and a handful of outdated high-concept attractions. For it to work, they were always going to need to reinvest to keep it relevant and as soon as the plans for other locations fell through, they seemed to have given up on any plans to do that, completely.

Would have liked to have seen something I care about go in here instead of what we're getting but I don't expect it to fail.

bgoofy

DisneyQuest needed to go or be updated. While the NBA isn't my number one sport I would be inclined to check this out. Repeatability is certainly a question. I disagree that this is the wrong place for it. Disney and the NBA have a relationship and Disney Springs is really the perfect place for it. Its not something that would really work well in a major city but a vacation destination where you can pair it with other things and people are already spending money is really not bad at all. I think many on this site are not the target audience for this experience.
So with that being said, when Bongos closes what should take it's place? The Titanic or Ripley's ???

DisneyOutsider

It's pretty hilarious the amount of whining this place has generated from people that are pouting the space didn't get filled with their choice of entertainment.

I'm not an NBA fan at all, but the place looks really cool and price is very reasonable. The restaurant/sports bar is definitely a place a will eat and watch a hockey game.

I see in this thread a whole lotta sour grapes from people waxing nostalgic about DisneyQuest. Saying this place won't last two years is just silly.

No Name

Finally we see the replacement of something egregiously large and out-of-scale. Seems to be opposite the trend these days. I will miss DisneyQuest but this is better aesthetically.

Also I do think that’s a high price point, but’s it’s relatively low when compared to the high price points for everything around it.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, May 16, 2019. Testing (displaying red) the large video screen on the front of the building today.

IMG_1327.JPG

DisneyDebRob

In my opinion, Splitsville is a place to drink that happens to have bowling, that's why it works.
Good drinks and surprising good food. I have actually gone out of my way to make reservations here a few times. The sushi is excellent and they have a Fig and Pig flatbread that is tremendous. Splitsville was a perfect addition to the springs and I was one of the ones that had questions about it. Let’s hope this place fools me/us and is worth a visit.

Jon81uk

Over under on this attraction is two years... Shades of the failed restaurant at Universal keeps coming up. This place won't even include a sit down restaurant... i just don't get it...

DisneyQuest only had a counter service inside too. There are plenty of sit down restaurants at Disney Springs and a new Sports Bar will open next door to NBA experience later this year. Most people will do the NBA experience and then go eat after, same as if you went for a movie or to a museum.

Bermination

I can be wrong, but if they don't have a restaurant offering at time of opening, and it's just lights and taking shots on a court... i see this failing on a colossal bases regardless of how popular the NBA is. hell if this was NFL, MLB or even Soccer it would have the same fate...

lazyboy97o

I can be wrong, but if they don't have a restaurant offering at time of opening, and it's just lights and taking shots on a court... i see this failing on a colossal bases regardless of how popular the NBA is. hell if this was NFL, MLB or even Soccer it would have the same fate...
It’s not just lights and taking shots on a court. It is multiple interactive exhibits / experiences, including retro and contemporary video games.

Jon81uk

That's like saying going to an art gallery is just to look at some paint on the walls, people are really there to go to the café and the gift shop.
Yes the NBA Experience might be a flop but it won't be due to the food offering inside the museum experience.

kwoodfan1

Our family never went to DisneyQuest, but my 10 year old will make sure we get to NBA Experience. It will be nice to have something on property that is a sport based attraction. I always wished WWOS would add some interactive stuff (like the Pro Bowl activities).

DisneyCane

I see in this thread a whole lotta sour grapes from people waxing nostalgic about DisneyQuest. Saying this place won't last two years is just silly.
Especially since I think, based on the original announcement, that it is owned by the NBA. They probably look at it as a marketing opportunity so it doesn't even need to be profitable to survive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom