NBA 2023/24 Official Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Denver Nuggets)

manmythlegend

I suspect that might be it for the NBA playoffs. Pretty short sighted decision if they choose to go through with it. Fans aren't going to forgive this easily and the NBA will struggle in 2021 to get back to where they were before this season started.

Tony Perkis

I suspect that might be it for the NBA playoffs. Pretty short sighted decision if they choose to go through with it. Fans aren't going to forgive this easily and the NBA will struggle in 2021 to get back to where they were before this season started.
It won’t be for the duration of the playoffs, and the people most upset about this are the people who already claimed they stopped watching.

manmythlegend

I may have been wrong. I still don’t see a mass fan exodus outside of the people that already allegedly claimed they stopped watching.

I see a lock out coming next year. Negotiations for the new CBA were never going to be easy because of the loss of revenue from the whole virus. If they decide to boycott the playoffs, that’s more lost revenue. I would think the cap is going to fall greatly and along with that comes salaries.

So you're potentially looking at the prospect of no more NBA until fall 2021. If you don't think the totality of that results in significant decreases in fans, I don't know what to tell you except that you're wrong.

Tony Perkis

Three day strike, outreach developed within the league for going forward, everything restarts Saturday.

Competition wise, this could be substantial. Gives time for Damian Lillard, Russell Westbrook, and Kristaps Porzingas a chance to recover for their respective teams.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes

Three day strike, outreach developed within the league for going forward, everything restarts Saturday.

Competition wise, this could be substantial. Gives time for Damian Lillard, Russell Westbrook, and Kristaps Porzingas a chance to recover for their respective teams.

Dame left the bubble.

Westbrook definitely I think plays. He was upgraded to questionable before the game and was going to give it a go. An extra three days off? He should be ready.

KP, I definitely hope so. I think the additional days will be a massive help for him.

Tony Perkis

Dame left the bubble.

Westbrook definitely I think plays. He was upgraded to questionable before the game and was going to give it a go. An extra three days off? He should be ready.

KP, I definitely hope so. I think the additional days will be a massive help for him.

Didn’t realize Dame left the bubble.

KP will probably still be 50/50 by Sunday, but every day does help. The Mavs won’t win the series without him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom