NBA 2015/16 Discussion Thread

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Rose suffers orbital fracture, to undergo surgery

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...ulls-suffers-orbital-fracture-undergo-surgery

CHICAGO -- Bulls guard Derrick Rose suffered a left orbital fracture during Tuesday's practice and will undergo surgery Wednesday, the team announced.

A timetable for his return will not be known until after the surgery, the Bulls said. They will provide an update at that time.

The orbital fracture is the latest in a long line of health issues for the 2010-11 MVP. He tore the ACL in his left knee in April 2012 and missed the 2012-13 season. He then tore the medial meniscus in his right knee in November 2013 and missed the rest of the 2013-14 season.

Rose also had a meniscectomy on his right knee in February and missed 31 regular-season games during the 2014-15 season. In total, Rose has played in just 100 regular-season games since the beginning of the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season.

Rose sustained his latest injury when he took an elbow to the face, and he left early from Tuesday's practice, the first of training camp. However, his teammates and first-year coach Fred Hoiberg didn't seem overly concerned immediately after practice.

"He got a little elbow," Bulls power forward Taj Gibson said. "We don't know the [severity] of it, but hopefully he'll be fine. I know he's tough. But it was one of those plays, especially in practice, where everybody's going hard. It's just tough."

Gibson hinted that he might have been the one who delivered the elbow.

"I don't know," Gibson said. "It might have been me, but it's just one of those plays where everybody's going so hard and it's real physical out there, so hopefully he'll be OK."

Hoiberg described it as "a good, hard elbow," before the extent of Rose's injury was known and said Rose "looked great when he was out there."

Rose, 26, signed a five-year max extension worth close to $95 million before the 2011-12 season.

He said earlier this week that despite his ongoing health woes, he still believes he is one of the best players in the game.

"I can't get caught up into that," Rose said, referring to talk about his game. "I know I'm great. It's a lot of people that don't know I'm great, that's the thing. But it's cool. I know I can hoop. You can put me anywhere, and I know how to play the game of basketball."

Now the Bulls must do what they have done many times throughout the past four seasons: Find a way to play without Rose again.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I'm going to the Heat's first game tonight against Charlotte. Hopefully this season will be better than last year!

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I feel like the Heat team this year is so much more fun to watch than the LBJ teams ever were. I hope it stays that way and we'll keep winning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom