NASCAR 2016

wdwfan4ver

This are plenty of loopholes in this rule. While Logano, Keselowski, and Kyle Busch can't do more than 10 xfinity series races next year, it really doesn't much of a difference. The fact is the 18 car can use Erik Jones, Matt Kenseth, and Denny Hamlin. The 22 car just would be using Ryan Blaney more next season.

Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson are only going to be in their 4th full time cup season next season. Chase Elliott would only be in his 2nd full time cup season.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
636134461816949103-new-johnson-flash.jpeg

Goody's Fast Relief 500, Martinsville

1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Brad Keselowski
3. Denny Hamlin

wdwfan4ver

Trevor Bayne and his sponsor advocare has resigned with Roush for another 3 seasons.

RCR announced Matt Borland with be Paul Menard's crew chief in 2017 and will be Paul Crew chief for the final 3 races this year. Matt has 13 cup wins as crew crew back when he was with Ryan Newman.

I am curious how this effects Stewart-Haas since Borland was working Haas's F1 team as an Engineer.

wdwfan4ver

Jr Motorsports has announced Michael Arnnett will be in a a 4th Jr Motorsports car full time for multiple years and Michael's sponsor Pilot/Flying J will be coming over also. In some races, Jr Motorsports will be running 5 Xfinity cars with them being run by Dale Jr and Kasey Kahne.

This also affects Harry Scott Motorsports since their cup organization doesn't have a cup sponsor next year and doesn't have a driver. I am guessing the organization is going to close and the charter will be going to JTG Daugherty for forming a 2nd team.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

There is two pieces of NASCAR News.

Richard Petty Motorsports driverBrian Scott has announced his retirement from full time competition from NASCAR after this season despite only being 28 years old to focus on his young and growing family. Richard Petty Motorsports has said they will be doing anoucements with the 44 car at a later date.

Albertsons has announced they will be leaving NASCAR after this season.

artvandelay

Sorry I haven't been posting in here this season. I've watched some of the races this year, but I haven't been following it as closely as I usually do. How would you rate this season?

wdwfan4ver

Sorry I haven't been posting in here this season. I've watched some of the races this year, but I haven't been following it as closely as I usually do. How would you rate this season?
I think it is a 6 or 7 for the cup series.

NASCAR improved the racing during the day the rule changes for some of the tracks. I think Having Jeff Gordon racing the 88, Stewart winning for his final time ever in his last cup season, and the 34 car pulling an upset at Pocono is something that fans should be happy about. At the same time, having Kyle Larson winning a race with Chase Elliott and Austin Dillon making the chase is a great thing for NASCAR.

patch553

I think it is a 6 or 7 for the cup series.

NASCAR improved the racing during the day the rule changes for some of the tracks. I think Having Jeff Gordon racing the 88, Stewart winning for his final time ever in his last cup season, and the 34 car pulling an upset at Pocono is something that fans should be happy about. At the same time, having Kyle Larson winning a race with Chase Elliott and Austin Dillon making the chase is a great thing for NASCAR.
I agree 6/7
the rule changes have helped the racing,i think its in kind of a transition period with the superstars of the sport but with the likes of Elliott, Blaney,Larson,Beuscher, the Dillons the sport will be sorted in that department for many years.
My major disappointment has been Dale jr missing as much as he has

patch553

congrats to Daniel suarez, but damn I feel for Allgaier,what was the back marking 25 doing sqeezing him to the wall and who knows what the cole whitt team was thinking on the final restart. ultimately I think suarez would of still won but what a final 4 laps we could of had with allgaier and jones on fresh rubber

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom