News Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian closing for extended refurbishment June 2022

Poseidon Quest

I haven't seen many complaints about IP integration elsewhere at the resort. Citricos looks really nice.

I have to say that I hate it. I can't find any conceivable reason for Chip and Mrs. Potts to exist within the lobby of the Grand, nor can I see any justification for a Beauty and the Beast themed bar. Last I checked, the theme of the hotel was Florida high society of the early 20th century.

ToTBellHop

I have to say that I hate it. I can't find any conceivable reason for Chip and Mrs. Potts to exist within the lobby of the Grand, nor can I see any justification for a Beauty and the Beast themed bar. Last I checked, the theme of the hotel was Florida high society of the early 20th century.
I'm sure it's set in the Florida-looking part of Provence.

Naplesgolfer

I don't like heavy IP usage in the resorts either. But I have to say Citrico's is the best restaurant make over they have done in many ,many years. (foods good too.)

We need to praise Disney when they get it right, not just complain.

castlecake2.0

The place has good bones, but last time I ate there it definitely was showing it’s 90s ness. I can see it going a look similar to Sebastian’s Bistro, and id be ok with that.

castlecake2.0

I don't like heavy IP usage in the resorts either. But I have to say Citrico's is the best restaurant make over they have done in many ,many years. (foods good too.)

We need to praise Disney when they get it right, not just complain.
Totally agree. Yes there’s some subtle nods, but nothing that takes away from the experience.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Fingies Claws crossed for a
Flavor Of Love Romance GIF

monothingie

Premium Member
Given the consistent Themeing that the GF has maintained so well over the past 5 years I predict Ariel's Under Sea Adventure Restaurant, Inspired by Marry Poppins, with subtle influences from Beauty and Beast, with a touch of Princess and Frog Magic, decorated to capture the spirit of Aladdin, combined with uniqueness of Wreck it Ralph, and for no good reason at all all the servers will be in Darkwing Duck Costumes.

Honestly I'd probably go just for the Darkwing Duck Costumes.

Naplesgolfer

Given the consistent Themeing that the GF has maintained so well over the past 5 years I predict Ariel's Under Sea Adventure Restaurant, Inspired by Marry Poppins, with subtle influences from Beauty and Beast, with a touch of Princess and Frog Magic, decorated to capture the spirit of Aladdin, combined with uniqueness of Wreck it Ralph, and for no good reason at all all the servers will be in Darkwing Duck Costumes.

Honestly I'd probably go just for the Darkwing Duck Costumes.
Wow and here I thought I was becoming a Disney pessimist !😂🤣

monothingie

Premium Member
View attachment 631676
Looking again, there really isn’t much they can mess up *touch wood*. I feel the shutters will be removed, new tables and chairs, there’s not much else there to take away or change.

Transitional flooring. New lighting and fans. I agree they won't do anything to the bones.

Budget: $350million changes:minimal ;)
Level it and put up a staging area for an exciting new KITE SHOW!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Citricos is very pretty now. I love the look. Lol Remember Ip is evil here. I like the enchanted rose lounge also
Citricos looks great. Home run. They got that one right. Enchanted Rose Lounge was a huge "no" from me, though, partly because it caused the eviction of the Society Orchestra, which was one of the things that made the Grand, well, grand.

donsullivan

Premium Member

With that level of passionate disdain for the use of IP it seems Walt Disney World is no longer the place for you. They have explicitly stated they are going to do more of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom