Nara Disneyland Resort: An Imagineering Competition - Hub Thread

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Now this idea came from 1986 Blue Sky Disney Project in this link right on that name right in 2020. Now sometimes i don't want to do this project alone, so i want some friends to help if they like to in the names down below who are been chosen are my favorite people with many greats ideas & designs.
@spacemt354, @DashHaber, @TheOriginalTiki, @D Hulk, @mickeyfan5534, @b-wolf95, @JokersWild, @MickeyWaffleCo., @tcool123, @Outbound

I want to make an What If idea of Disney takes over the park in Nara as the second Disney park in Japan like China for their Hong Kong & Shanghai Disneylands. First if some of you never heard of how Nara's Disneyland become to be before its gone, here;s a story to tell about it & its true.
  • In the late 1950s, Kunizo Matsuo, a Japanese businessman & president of the Matsuo Entertainment Company (MEC), visited the US. As part of his trip, he visited the then-new Disneyland in Anaheim and was quite impressed, inspiring him to bring Disneyland to Japan. He met with Walt Disney about bringing Disneyland to Japan; specifically to Japan's old capital, Nara. Matsuo also talked with engineers about creating a Japanese version of Disneyland. However, towards the end of the construction phase, Matsuo & Walt Disney had disagreements about the licensing fees for the Disney characters (they later settled when Matsuo paid for Disney's help), and MEC abandoned the idea of Nara Disneyland and created their own mascots and trademarks. Then Nara Dreamland opens on July 01, 1961, bringing in the only theme park inspired from Disneyland itself but not by the company who owns it.
  • When the 1970s came, the world was beginning to changed since after the Vietnam War, the protesters of the late 60s, Apollo 13 takes one giant leap to man kind on the moon, bringing World Peace to the whole world & as well building Walt's Most Greatest Dream to Central Florida called Walt Disney World. & a Real Magic Kingdom from Disney is finally going to Japan at last. But not from the MEC or The Walt Disney Company, instead its The Oriental Land Company who owned Tokyo Disneyland & as well under a license from The Walt Disney Company, who constructed and designed the resort and its various attractions. In April 15, 1983, Tokyo Disneyland open to the public & expanded from a world classed theme park in the 80s into a full resort complex for the 21th Century with Tokyo DisneySEA as its second gate of the Tokyo Disney Resort when it open in September 04, 2001 as well with Disney-Brand & Official Hotels, An Entertainment Complex called Ikspiari, & a Monorail that circles around the resort called itself the Disney Resort Line, while Nara Dreamland its about to tumbling down & closes on August 31, 2006 for good, its nothing but just a abandoned ghost town park.
I would like everyone to think of ideas for this Nara Disneyland project like lands, shows, attractions maybe hotels if you like, maybe a castle idea & as well some other things you want to put at this Nara Disneyland idea. I also think a Google Docs idea of that could be great to make. & here that you will present your projects throughout the competition and see what's next in the future of this Nara Disney Resort. So i wish everyone a Good Luck, Keep Dreaming & most of all, Have Fun.

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Oh yeah i also forgot to tell everyone including @spacemt354, @DashHaber, @TheOriginalTiki, @D Hulk, @mickeyfan5534, @b-wolf95, @JokersWild, @MickeyWaffleCo., @tcool123 & @Outbound to just imagined in 2006 or 2007 or even before the 2010s if The Walt Disney Company & maybe or not The Oriental Land Company goes to this closed site of Nara Dreamland or a different site in Nara & thinks of building another Disneyland in Japan, similar to Disney is doing to the Chinese Parks of Hong Kong & Shanghai. Now i would this. I wish everyone a Good Luck, Keep Dreaming & most of all, Have Fun.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom