Napping on Rides/During Shows: Okay or Fau Pax?

Coaster Lover

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Let's face it, vacationing at Disney can be an exhausting ordeal. All the walking, all the eating, waking up early, going to bed late. Then, you go ride Universe of Energy or maybe you go see The American Adventure. It's dark, not a whole lot of people around, you're seated for a long time, and you find yourself drifting off to sleep.

So, the question is, how do you all feel about people napping (or you yourself napping) while on rides/during shows at Disney? (assuming you aren't disturbing anyone else by snoring or anything) Do any of you specifically go on a ride/show to sneak in a nap?

Tom

Beta Return
Nothing wrong with it, as long as you're not snoring or otherwise impacting someone else's experience. I love the American Adventure, but there's just something about sitting down in the dark, air conditioned theater that lulls me to sleep. Especially if it's hot out, which is exhausting.

I will nod off in Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents and American Adventure.

mergatroid

I've nodded off on the people mover (TTA) a couple of times. I also had a little nap on Tom Sawyers Island once on the chairs at Aunt Polly's. Mind you I got the fright of my life when the riverboat passed and blew it's whistle, I sat bolt upright instantly and for a couple of seconds had no idea where I was :eek:

NearTheEars

I can't sleep sitting up unless I've been awake for multiple days, so this isn't much of an issue for me.

There was a woman who fell asleep at the American Adventure the last time we were there, snoring loudly just a couple of minutes after sitting down. She eventually stopped, but I thought it was a little rude.

JIMINYCR

I'll close my eyes for a brief few seconds, but havent ever dozed off yet. Guess I'm too Disney charged.

djo1010.jpg

If someone else dozes off I'm not bothered by it... I figure they either had a late night out at the parks or the kids have worn them out or theyve been doing Disney commando style. I'm having too much fun to be annoyed by a dozing guest.

In the late 1990's and early 2000's when my parents would bring my sister and I to WDW for the Christmas - New Years time period, it almost became a bit of a family tradition to find a nice slow, dark ride at some point to all take a nap, or just recover from the day.

I remember UoE was always the best, it was a long ride, nice and dark, especially once you got to the last theater... I am getting sleepy just thinking of UoE.

We didn't have a hotel close by to go to and I remember on New Years eve that if you didn't get to the park at opening there was no hope of being there at midnight because of the parks reaching capacity.

wdwfan757

I've been guilty of shaking my head at people sleeping through HoP when it's only 1pm, but I don't honestly really see anything wrong with it. The only time I've actually fallen sleep at WDW was on haunted mansion during last year's 24 hour day. I don't even remember what time it was, but I was at least 20 hours deep at that point and I'd been on it at least 5 times that day.

The one ride that actually makes my eyelids heavy is tiki room. It doesn't matter what time of day it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom