Name one Disney attraction you miss so much it hurts

disneyspirit

Impressions de France is going on 38
Are they still running it? Last time I went, clearly not paying attention to some sign that must have been there, I found myself in a Beauty and the Beast sing along. Imagine my surprise. My most missed attraction that comes to mind is Flights of Wonder.

Tavernacle12

Illuminations.
Which is sort of lucky since I’d been so appalled by its removal I refused to book a trip this year to see Star Wars Land. Had it kept going I’d be upset about having to cancel my trip.

James Clifton

Thought of two more...these won't be rides...but I miss them
1)The old bakery on Main Street!Just walking & thinking....wait for it...THEN BAM,the cinnamon roll & coffee aroma!!
2)the old barber shop....got a shave first day I was there!Can't explain it...just felt better! Yeah...I know...I'm old!

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I don't think there will ever be a night in Magic Kingdom that I don't miss the combination of Celebrate the Magic and Wishes.

I love Happily Ever After so much too & I think it's an incredible show, but Wishes will always have the most special place in my heart.

Also the Osborne Lights. Seeing those lights was one of my favorite Christmas traditions and was easily one of the most magical parts of winter at Walt Disney World.

doctornick

World of Motion

World of Motion was a great ride and I'm always surprised it isn't mentioned more on lists of "lost Disney attractions" like this thread. It was funny, timeless, educational, had a catchy song. I've got to think that part of the reason people don't regret losing it as much is that at least the replacement (Test Track) is a quality ride in itself, albeit very different.

Personally, I'd argue that WoM is a far greater loss than Horizons - I think the latter is quite overrated among the Disney fanbase, but YMMV.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
World of Motion was a great ride and I'm always surprised it isn't mentioned more on lists of "lost Disney attractions" like this thread. It was funny, timeless, educational, had a catchy song. I've got to think that part of the reason people don't regret losing it as much is that at least the replacement (Test Track) is a quality ride in itself, albeit very different.

Personally, I'd argue that WoM is a far greater loss than Horizons - I think the latter is quite overrated among the Disney fanbase, but YMMV.
I think if there was any ride that could stand the test of time it would be World of Motion. It was timeless, Spaceship Earth in my opinion should have never been solely based on communication but all progress incorporating communication and motion. More of a Carousel of Progress Ride thru with the quirky was of World of Motion. it’s to bad they couldn’t have both rides.

Homemade Imagineering

I think if there was any ride that could stand the test of time it would be World of Motion. It was timeless, Spaceship Earth in my opinion should have never been solely based on communication but all progress incorporating communication and motion. More of a Carousel of Progress Ride thru with the quirky was of World of Motion. it’s to bad they couldn’t have both rides.
To add onto what you said, I feel that Imagination V1 was the most timeless thing in future world, as it would have never ever dated itself aside from the animatronic technology used at the time, although that even may have become excusable, had it stayed in its original glory, similar to how Haunted Mansion is a timeless attraction with less advanced AA’s than the ones seen today in modern attractions, and yet it’s still an extremely popular attraction. Imagination V1 was in my opinion, Epcot’s greatest achievement, because Disney created an attraction that was extremely technologically advanced at the time, with the first usage of a turntable show scene, and for me it set itself apart from Epcot’s other attractions, because it focused on two original, and extremely lovable characters, on, well, a journey into imagination! Everything in the original attraction was eye candy, with gorgeous visuals everywhere you looked. Had it stayed in its original form, I’m sure it would still have massive wait times today! So yes, like many others on this forum, I miss this attraction like crazy, and I can only hope that Disney will bring it back with a modern twist 5 years from now, or however long it takes.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
20K was bigger. Even had a specific reopening date.
20k was just a way to get out of maintaining it, Spectro is either sitting in a warehouse, in tarps still rotting or running down parade routes before our eyes, well at least the chassis and hardware. That’s my theory, why else would paint the night always be down.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
20k was just a way to get out of maintaining it, Spectro is either sitting in a warehouse, in tarps still rotting or running down parade routes before our eyes, well at least the chassis and hardware. That’s my theory, why else would paint the night always be down.
Spectro was scrapped. Chassis and all.

Goofyernmost

Not an attraction but directly related to how many I can experience would be the No-expiration Ticket. That I truly miss. It has successfully limited my visits, therefore my fun, therefore how much money taken in by Disney from me over all and killed my incentive to travel there. I used to have days available whenever I wanted to use them and gave me the incentive to spend more money and take more trips. Oh, well! It was good while it lasted. Now if I misjudge how many days due to either weather or time what I don't use becomes a free gift to Disney. I give them money and they keep it and do not have to provide anything for the money spent. I consider that quite the racket. Legal theft of my money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom