Name one Disney attraction you miss so much it hurts

Much-Pixie-Dust

Soarin 1.0 was a near-perfect attraction for me and is far superior in every way to Soarin 2.0. I miss the smells flying over the orange grove and it was one of my absolute favorite rides. 2.0 has no such claim on my heart and I wish they would revert it back- I don't care if the film was fuzzy- the magic was real.
I know! I want to smell an orange grove, pick my feet up when going over a river, and dodge

Heppenheimer

I know! I want to smell an orange grove, pick my feet up when going over a river, and dodge
It was nice that Disneyland brought the California version for California Adventure's Food and Wine festival. I liked Soarin' Around the World better... until I saw California again. Now, my preference has flipped.

Maybe they'll decide to keep it at Disneyland after the park reopens. I wouldn't mind having different versions on each coast.

Kamikaze

I said it before and I'll say it again...there are now 3 "theaters" in Epcot...run the world version in 2, and the Cali version in the third...just like you have 2 versions on M:S, there's no reason why you can't have both on Soarin'

Let DCA run both.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Both of the traveling theater rides: Universe of Energy and the Great Movie Ride.

It was such a fantastic and unique ride system and I don't think its full potential was ever reached. And as for GMR, it will always be one of my all-time favorites at Disney-MGM Studios.

Kamikaze

Both of the traveling theater rides: Universe of Energy and the Great Movie Ride.

It was such a fantastic and unique ride system and I don't think its full potential was ever reached. And as for GMR, it will always be one of my all-time favorites at Disney-MGM Studios.

UoE was just so horribly outdated. It hadn't been updated since before Ellen came out.

Kamikaze

I am aware of how outdated it was at the end, however the attraction could have been easily updated once more the way it was in 1996...

Of course it could have. But it never was. Thats why its removal was not a loss. Is there a single other attraction that went completely unchanged for 23 years?

Scooter

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Submarine Voyage. I can't pretend the attraction was flawless, heck it was downright hokey but I still enjoyed it. I'd love to see a modern retelling with better visuals and elaborate AAs. A new version for DAK would be a dream!
I would agree if they could find a way to keep the moldy smell out of it and make it more handicapped accessible.

RandySavage

The Living Seas. The Pavilion and its redress most painfully underscore & illustrate the way Disney THEN thought of their audience, their product and their purpose versus the way Disney NOW approaches the same.

dreamfinder912

Yikes....it's a painful three way tie between SpectroMagic, Illuminations, and Rivers of Light (with the shamans, without them it was just empty) I grew up with Spectro, it's end in 2010 was the year I graduated high school (also, yikes!) Illuminations was always my #1 fireworks, and I absolutely adored RoL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom