MYW Race Packages

Babylon Control

Original Poster
I'm hoping to do the 1/2 marathon, probably not in 2011 as I'm getting back into running after an injury, but hopefully in 2012 and I'm curious about the Magic Your Way Marathon Vacation packages you can book for you stay over race weekend. Are these regular packages that you book or are they special discounted packages? I know you book them through a separate phone number that I got off the marathon website, I'm just curious because since the 1/2 marathon I'd like to do is the one in January and since it's value season we'd like to stay at the Poly especially if we could get a discount on it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The marathon packages are at a discount but it is a slight one. Typically general public promotions will be better. I would advise booking under the marathon package now and then keeping your eyes peeled for promotions that will beat it. The easy way out is to let Kingdom Konsultants to book it and let us worry about keeping track of all the promotions.

Babylon Control

Original Poster
The marathon packages are at a discount but it is a slight one. Typically general public promotions will be better. I would advise booking under the marathon package now and then keeping your eyes peeled for promotions that will beat it. The easy way out is to let Kingdom Konsultants to book it and let us worry about keeping track of all the promotions.

Thanks Richard. When I'm ready to book, i.e. when I've gone ahead and registered for the marathon (won't be in 2011, hoping 2012), I'll be in touch with you about booking a marathon package for me so you can keep an eye out for a better deal. Now to get some new shoes so I can get running :D

dreamfinder

You do stand a much better chance of finding a general discount for the marathon weekend than for the other races. Since they only offer limited race transit, the race hotels seem to be filling up so they aren't offering regular discounts. People have reported that for the Wine & Dine 1/2, the free dining discounts aren't available at POFQ, the only moderate resort offering transit. But since every resort offers transit in January, you should be able to find something at your price level. Just remember that weekend the prices for hotels do go up now, they no longer follow the normal January pricing.

Babylon Control

Original Poster
You do stand a much better chance of finding a general discount for the marathon weekend than for the other races. Since they only offer limited race transit, the race hotels seem to be filling up so they aren't offering regular discounts. People have reported that for the Wine & Dine 1/2, the free dining discounts aren't available at POFQ, the only moderate resort offering transit. But since every resort offers transit in January, you should be able to find something at your price level. Just remember that weekend the prices for hotels do go up now, they no longer follow the normal January pricing.

That's fine. I know that on weekends the pricing does go up. We'd be looking at staying at the Poly for the January Marathon in a garden view room. I'd also be looking to have Kingdom Konsultants do the bookings for me.

dreamfinder

That's fine. I know that on weekends the pricing does go up. We'd be looking at staying at the Poly for the January Marathon in a garden view room. I'd also be looking to have Kingdom Konsultants do the bookings for me.

Have fun sleeping in a bit. I have pondered if the extra cost of staying on the monorail loop is worth not having to be up at 3 in the morning. The only down side would be walking back from the finish to the monorail.

Babylon Control

Original Poster
Have fun sleeping in a bit. I have pondered if the extra cost of staying on the monorail loop is worth not having to be up at 3 in the morning. The only down side would be walking back from the finish to the monorail.

Hadn't actually taken that into consideration :ROFLOL: We stayed at the Poly this past December and loved it. We can't afford to stay there in any season except Value season and we can't wait to get back to the Poly and since the WDW Marathon and 1/2 Marathon fall in Value season we figure it's a great way to get to stay there again. I never considered the fact that I would be able to take the monorail back to my hotel LOL! :D Wish I could do the race next year but there is no way I'll be ready for it. May not even be ready for 2012. I'm hoping for 2012 but have to see how training goes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom