MYW Dining Plan and Pepper Market Gratuity?

Happy42082

Original Poster
We have booked our trip and will be staying at Coronado Springs Resort in July! We have also purchased the dining plan. We have used the dining plan before, but in my research I am finding that the Pepper Market requires a 10% gratuity fee. Will this be a problem with the MYW dining plan since Pepper Market is a Counter Service? Also, will there be any limitations as to what you can get becuase of this alternate counter service setting?

If anyone knows your information would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Happy4208:eek:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I believe the 15% gratuity already included in DDP should cover any gratuity "required" by the Pepper Market. The Dining Plan flyer makes no special mention of the Peper Market, in other instances it highlights if something isn't covered at a particular restaurant [Wolfgang Puck's Cafe, for example]. I'd say you're ok.

wannabeBelle

Hi there, I have experience with this since I did stay at the Coronado springs and I did the Dining Plan while I was there!!!! The 10% gratuity at the Pepper Market is immediately tacked onto your meal at the point of payment for "limited Table Service" It is not the full 15% or so that most people give for a tip in a full service restuarant. In either case, the 10% there for the counter Service meals as well as your gratuity for all sit down meals is included with the Disney Dining Plan.
That having been said, I found the Pepper Market to be the least knowledgable and flexible regarding the counter service meal option for the Dining plan of almost ANY other location I visited!!!! Specifically on what was included and what wasnt as far as snacks or desserts that come with the meal. There were just so many exclusions there, which I didnt find anywhere else. One of the best spots I found for a counter service location was the food court in the Land!!! WOW!!!!!!! When I had asked what items from the bakery were considered a dessert I was told I could select anything!!!!!! The selection there was vast and the staff was friendly and helpful. Any other questions, please feel free to ask!!! Belle

lewisc

Pepper Market limits you to a tier 1 dessert; basically cookie, muffin or some danish. You're allowed any entrée, even the steak. Even with the restrictions it's a good deal but I don't know if it's worth a trip to the resort if you're not staying there and don't have a car.

The gratuity is included.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom