Mystic Manor

Will Mystic Manor ever come to DAK?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • No.

Votes: 93 86.1%

• Total voters

Figment632

Mystic Manor has no place at Animal Kingdom because the park is about the relationship and love between Humans and Animals. It's an extremely metaphorical and showstopping theme. You can't just build a ride and throw in a Monkey, or a movie about Animals in it, and say it "fits". It has to fit in a much, much, MUCH deeper level.

Exactly and it is to similar to HM so it wont be coming to WDW.

imagineer boy

Mystic Manor has no place at Animal Kingdom because the park is about the relationship and love between Humans and Animals. It's an extremely metaphorical and showstopping theme. You can't just build a ride and throw in a Monkey, or a movie about Animals in it, and say it "fits". It has to fit in a much, much, MUCH deeper level.

Well said! :sohappy: You should be in charge of the themeing department or somthing. :lol:

Speaking of the monkey, I really feel that's the main flaw in an other wise really cool looking attraction. It kinda breaks the spooky haunted mood IMO.

CaptainMichael

Well said! :sohappy: You should be in charge of the themeing department or somthing. :lol:

Speaking of the monkey, I really feel that's the main flaw in an other wise really cool looking attraction. It kinda breaks the spooky haunted mood IMO.

But the house isn't haunted. Things become enchanted when the box (pandora anyone?) is opened. That's what makes this so different from Haunted Mansion. Mystic is still alive and you're visiting his house/museum.

imagineer boy

But the house isn't haunted. Things become enchanted when the box (pandora anyone?) is opened. That's what makes this so different from Haunted Mansion. Mystic is still alive and you're visiting his house/museum.

Still, I think the place has a very forboding nature about it and the monkey kind of takes away from that. Personally, I wish they could've just reused the same story from TDS' TOT and say the collector/adventurer guy brought home a cursed idol and made the whole house enchanted/haunted/cursed. Its a whole lot less explaining and no comic relief monkey needed.

CaptainMichael

Still, I think the place has a very forboding nature about it and the monkey kind of takes away from that. Personally, I wish they could've just reused the same story from TDS' TOT and say the collector/adventurer guy brought home a cursed idol and made the whole house enchanted/haunted/cursed. Its a whole lot less explaining and no comic relief monkey needed.

I'd rather the original story that Hong Kong is getting that's connected with Hightower than a rehash. The Society of Explorers and Adventurers has lots of potential for an attraction in WDW featuring Merriweather Pleasure or other adventurer. Originality is good!

The "comic relief" monkey will be necessary to keep this ride family-friendly because some of those scenes look pretty heavy/scary for kids.

imagineer boy

I'd rather the original story that Hong Kong is getting that's connected with Hightower than a rehash. The Society of Explorers and Adventurers has lots of potential for an attraction in WDW featuring Merriweather Pleasure or other adventurer. Originality is good!

True, originality is good but I really don't like the monkey story.

The "comic relief" monkey will be necessary to keep this ride family-friendly because some of those scenes look pretty heavy/scary for kids.

Um, the Haunted Mansion manages to be relatively family friendly without a monkey and with a dead corpse hanging from the cieling.:lol:

krankenstein

If they did a cross between Mystic Point and Mystery Island in a new land, I could see it fitting in. I do not see it happening though. :shrug:

CaptainMichael

True, originality is good but I really don't like the monkey story.

Um, the Haunted Mansion manages to be relatively family friendly without a monkey and with a dead corpse hanging from the cieling.:lol:

Yes, but there's that godawful silly scream afterwards that is pure cheese. The only negative thing I have to say about the stretching rooms...that and talking guests:fork:

EPCOT Explorer

The ToT from Disney SEA to be exact.

Comparing HM to MM is like comparing apples to oranges..both take place in a house with supernatural events...thats as far as the similarities go.
You could even say that MM is a extension of the HM storyline.

Odd, but maybe Gracy knows Hightower, Pleasure and the gang?

And...Dreamfinder...He's a explorer....:lookaroun

OK, I could go NUTS thinking of how this could tie into every Disney Park on the planet...:lol:

In the current DAK, yes, but what if a land of exploration/adventure opened up dedicated to our very own member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers?
:cry:

Why must you taunt us so?:lol:

Of course not...However, what if it were thrown into a new section on mysterious animals, or animals of fantasy?:lookaroun

MM might need some tweaking but, it could work...:shrug:

EpcotServo

Of course not...However, what if it were thrown into a new section on mysterious animals, or animals of fantasy?:lookaroun

MM might need some tweaking but, it could work...:shrug:

That would be Beastly Kingdom, and still wouldn't work there either.
:shrug:

I think the fact that Animal Kingdom, a park featuring exotic locations, can't just plop down a Haunted House is a great credit towards it.

EPCOT Explorer

That would be Beastly Kingdom, and still wouldn't work there either.
:shrug:

I think the fact that Animal Kingdom, a park featuring exotic locations, can't just plop down a Haunted House is a great credit towards it.

Like I said, they would need to alter some things.:shrug:

And it's not a haunted house, either.

EPCOT Explorer

Its kinda too bad, I'd love to see a Haunted Mansion type attraction with the trackless technology.

Not that I'm being down on mystic manor, it does look great (aside from the monkey).
It's still kinda possible...in my mind.:lol:

Maybe I will finally take a crack at the Imagineering portion of this website...It's always scared me...:lookaroun:lol:

Disney-Nautifan

What's mystic manor?

Hello,

Mystic Manor is going to be Hong Kong Disneyland's version of the Haunted Mansion. It is said that it will be based on the story of Tower of Terror at Tokyo Disneysea, with an eccentric explorer who collects mysterious evil artfacts for display in his flamboyant victorian mansion. The overall concept however will be based off the usual Disney Haunted Mansion (e.g. doombuggies, stretching room etc). I have heard that it will be built in 2012 or 2013.

I hope that this information has helped... :animwink:

see u! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom