News Mysterious Land Clearing South of the Japan Pavilion

nickys

Premium Member
There was a permit filed yesterday by Balfour Beatty Construction for "Install temporary office trailer container for Project C1" at 600 E Buena Vista Dr. The Reedy Creek fire station is 651 E Buena Vista so 600E could be for this plot of land. Balfour is one of Disney big contractors. This is the first mention I have seen of Project C1. Let the speculation begin! :)

It's "Container 1".

A giant container for storing all the food and wine booths for the 2 weeks of the year when there isn't a festival on at Epcot.

Creathir

A new light rail system with the Central Transfer being right here...

Could also be paying respect to CrossRail in London. (It’ll never be the Elizabeth Line to me...)

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

93598CCB-749F-4B2D-9676-580E7C349C05.jpeg

pdude81

Is it possible that this is a staging area for materials for the new Swolphin tower and then could be reused later for something else? They don't seem to need it for the skyliner but that's another project of significance close by

Edit: Sorry, didn't see last post before replying. My shot in the dark guess is Swolphin but I believe Martin said earlier on that there were plans for a resort there eventually. Might as well get some of the clearing done now.

Last edited:

GlacierGlacier

Is it possible that this is a staging area for materials for the new Swolphin tower and then could be reused later for something else? They don't seem to need it for the skyliner but that's another project of significance close by
It could be, especially with how tiny (for Disney) the surrounding space is for swolphin.

But even then, it's a little out of the way. Surely there's something a little closer.

pdude81

If I'm looking at the right spot it seems pretty close considering the building density over near the boardwalk. Certainly a lot closer than the stolport is to Fort Wilderness, although that project will need a lot more staging space

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does that mean you think it's for something else or just, "not for drones".

Edit: Meanwhile in December 2016, On Episode 1543 of the WDW Today podcast, @lentesta hinted that a new intellectual property based attraction is rumored for the Japan Pavilion.

Len, care to share any details with the class?
Not for drones, which I believe will be a part of the main replacement show. I know there’s a desire to avoid flying drones over the promenade. Ultimately this area is for resort use. Edit; I just saw the earlier post about closing a section of the prom for drone flyover. Unless drones are now planned for the interim show I don’t know; last I heard they were considered but discounted for this show.

The Japan show building still pops up to be used sometime for what it was originally designed for (guest attraction) but that’s not currently within the foreseeable.

At the moment there’s I think nine Showcase pavilion projects in preCAR and pre / actual blue sky. Japan has only the eaterie.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's gravel, right? Not something permanent.

We're not seeing the massive dirt mounds we see when they prep a show building, so this is confirming that whatever is going here is likely infrastructure (as suggested several times over the thread) or staging for another project.

The question is, infrastructure for what 🤔🤔🤔🤔

It's likely for project C1, we just need to figure out what project C1 is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom