News Mysterious Land Clearing South of the Japan Pavilion

flynnibus

Premium Member
They only do the seasonal closings for the waterparks because it saves WDW money, not because they have too.

If a resort was connected to either Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach, It would allow them to be open Year-long as it would provide enough traffic and business to the waterparks.

If there was enough demand... they'd be open.

The air temp is an issue... the lack of demand is an even bigger issue. Plus, it gives them the maint. window to work without having to do rolling refurbs around guests. Waterparks are very high upkeep.

"have to" is an oxymoron here... It's a park opened to generate money.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
yes. you can clearly see it from google earth.

I'm familiar with Google Earth. ;)

But, was the original layout out: Canada, Pavilion Plot, UK, Pavilion Plot, Pavilion Plot, canal? With IG taking over an entire Pavilion Plot next to the canal? Is the space between the IG and UK a complete Pavilion Plot; the rest of the Pavilion Plot that the IG took over; or, an unused section of the UK's Pavilion Plot?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, you're saying that there was a full plot between the UK plot and the land used by the IG? Because that was the question being asked.
Yep.

FF59A22F-1287-41FC-B9B9-7B543387A17A.jpeg

mwf5555

That's a lot of land cleared out for storing the food kiosks. With the Guardians of the Galaxy ride pushing outside of the traditional boundaries of the park, I have to wonder if the powers that be at Disney have realized that there's a lot of space inside those boundaries that is taken up by backstage offices and such that could be moved outside the boundaries, possibly to that central location, with perhaps more being moved to behind the Guardians coaster building at a later date. So, this might be an area where additional permits will be seen down the road.

A resort is possible, but that's a pretty small piece of land for a Disney resort. It's smaller than the area the Riviera Resort is going to occupy, and I don't see them putting a 15 story tower right in back of the World Showcase.
Mt Fuji facing world Showcase encompassing a hotel?

MICHAELRG

According to Jim Hill on the The Disney Dish Podcast that was released earlier today, the land clearing behind Japan and American Adventure pavilions is for a drone landing strip for the upcoming night show...

He said that the drones would fly over American Adventure before and after the show and the guest walkway in front of American Adventure would be blocked off during that time so at no point the drones are flying directly over guests

They start talking about it at about 18:55 https://disneydish.bandcamp.com/track/ep-165-is-epcot-building-a-drone-landing-strip

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was a permit filed yesterday by Balfour Beatty Construction for "Install temporary office trailer container for Project C1" at 600 E Buena Vista Dr. The Reedy Creek fire station is 651 E Buena Vista so 600E could be for this plot of land. Balfour is one of Disney big contractors. This is the first mention I have seen of Project C1. Let the speculation begin! :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a permit filed yesterday by Balfour Beatty Construction for "Install temporary office trailer container for Project C1" at 600 E Buena Vista Dr. The Reedy Creek fire station is 651 E Buena Vista so 600E could be for this plot of land. Balfour is one of Disney big contractors. This is the first mention I have seen of Project C1. Let the speculation begin! :)

"C1" sounds like a droid's name.

Therefore, the new Illuminations will be a Star Wars show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom