MyMagic+ finally opened

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I know that many here are not huge fans of this MyMagic+ idea and feel that the money should have been better spent elsewhere. I agree to some degree, but it has happened so I don't see much point in getting bent about it. Therefore, I have chosen to look on this MM+ deal as an opportunity since I am n OCD style planner, but the test seemed to be out of my grasp since we are not staying in a selected resort for the test. Well......

I got an email 30 minutes ago and Disney offered the test to us!!! I just finished ordering the bands and selecting the FP's. I am completely geeking out over this!

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I am booked with All Stars Movies.

I am a little bummed that the bands do not come in the character print that I saw before, but I suppose that is a good way to bleed us of more money for a band sleeve. LOL

PrincessMia

We just got our Magic Bands yesterday- they are INCREDIBLE (pun intended). So excited just to try something new. Hopefully, I won't be one of those people giving their horror story on here after our trip. Less than a month till 8 nights at POP. CAN'T WAIT!

G00fyDad

Original Poster
They are selling character sleeves and attachements for the bands for a small (Disney small) fee.

That's why I said "but I suppose that is a good way to bleed us of more money for a band sleeve". They will think of any way possible to separate us from our money. :D

We just got our Magic Bands yesterday- they are INCREDIBLE (pun intended). So excited just to try something new. Hopefully, I won't be one of those people giving their horror story on here after our trip. Less than a month till 8 nights at POP. CAN'T WAIT!

I hope I am not one of those people either. Even though I am flipped out to try this and have been, at times, a supporter of the whole MM+ initiative I will be upfront and honest about my experience with the technology. If it sucks then I am going to say so, and just deal with eating crow. LOL

G00fyDad

Original Poster
All star music 9/30-10/6.
I want a magicband!! D:

Call Central Reservations and ask if your resort is still in the list of test resorts and see if there is anything they can do. It may not work, but it is worth a try. The only reason I can think of that we got chosen is because I called to switch resorts to POP Century so we'd have a chance at it, but then I backed out because they were going to charge $50 to change the reservation inside the 45 day window. But I think that me mentioning that I wanted to switch resorts to test the bands may have had something to do with us getting selected. Or I could be seeing something that isn't there. Try it. You never know.

LaunchPadMcQuack

We are staying in the Cabins @ Fort Wilderness Oct.25th for 8 nights. I never got an invitation email, but I was able to customize the bands and select Fastpass+

jkl2000

We're staying at POFQ in the second half of October, and as of today there was a Magic Band order in progress in MM+. I was able to customize them, and reserve Fastpasses. Which was exciting, but somewhat unnerving because I've been studying touring plans for all the parks for months, and suddenly they were blown to smithereens. But in a good way, I think. It's just suddenly with all these Fastpasses I'm wondering how we're going to fit in all the other attractions we want to experience. And I don't even mean with the possiblity of double-dipping, I mean just with the three Fastpass+es per day. Partly because we'll be trying to take resort breaks and park hop, so suddenly the mornings seem very full with three Fastpasses scheduled.

BTW, I understood the advice people gave earlier about scheduling Fastpass+ attractions for the evening, and using paper Fastpasses for the morning, but my plan is to focus on the major attractions in the mornings, and relax a bit more and take in parades and shows later in the day, and parades and fireworks at night. Our hopefully rope-drop mornings will be when we're first experiencing the parks, so it will be nice to have those Fastpasses scheduled and not have to run like crazy. Actually be able to look around the Oasis at AKL, etc. and experience the parks at leisure a bit in the morning, grab some coffee, etc. If the paper Fastpasses are mostly gone in the PM, so be it. There's enough non-Fastpass stuff to do anyway.

Oh, we never received an email about it either.

It's a sort of nerve-wracking time to be experiencing WDW for the first time in 13 years (first time for DS14 since he was 18 months old, and first time ever for DS4), since this will be our first Fastpass experience ever, but ultimately exciting. DW, who's been a little reticent about the trip the last couple of weeks, was cetain she wanted the yellow Magic Band right away. I think it's helped her get a bit more excited. Jewelry will do it every time! ;)

stevehousse

So thrilled that All Star Movie guests are getting bands! I just hope this will still be an option when we go in November. I am still 59 days out, but it seems more like people are getting te option to start doing this about 1 month in advance instead of 2 like originally stated...I wonder if its for the test only, or if it will change from 60 down to 30...

Patiently awaiting a magic band...

jkl2000

sorry to post such a long post above! I read an update on portorleans.org and thought it said MB was starting at POFQ for guests ariving Oct. 30th and beyond, and since I'm arriving before October 30th and suddenlt got MB, I thought I somehow got lucky, hence the extra enthusiasm. :oops: Turns out we're part of the ordinary POFQ Magic Band rollout. Still cool though, and I didn't think it was going to come to POFQ until after October.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom